PDA

View Full Version : g-mama's banana bread

Twoboos
02-19-2013, 03:14 PM
I needed a banana bread recipe, and came here of course! With all the raves, I had to try this one.

It's excellent! I made a couple of changes: added some flax, did 1c ww flour and 3/4c almond flour, and added about 1/4-1/3c mini chocolate chips. YUMMY!!! (Please note this is high praise. I hate bananas. The taste is very mild.)

I'm trying to hold off before I unleash DDs on it, LOL!

G-mama's banana bread

½ stick plus 1 Tbsp. butter -- softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ cups mashed -- very ripe bananas (about 3-4 mashed by hand with a fork)
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. baking powder
½ cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom ONLY of loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Beat butter in large mixing bowl with mixer set at medium speed until light & fluffy. Add both sugars and beat well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended.

Add mashed bananas and beat on high for about 30 seconds.In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, & baking powder; mix until combined well.

Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream.

Pour batter into the loaf pan. Bake until browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour.

Cool in pan on wire rack for at least 10 minutes. Remove from pan & cool completely.

athompson
02-20-2013, 10:49 PM
This sounds great. I'll sub the same flours as well. How much flax did you add? TIA!

Twoboos
02-21-2013, 09:41 AM
I did 2 heaping tablespoons of flax.

DD2 LOVED it. DD1 said it's OK - but she also hates bananas. The choc chips sank to the bottom, so she mostly ate the bottom.

athompson
02-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Thanks! Will try it this weekend.