PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy ski/snow clothes for your kids besides Lands End?

LexyLou
02-19-2013, 09:54 PM
I need a place to buy ski/snow clothes for my girls besides Lands End. They don't really have a whole lot that I like.

I've tried (online) rei and altrec but just not getting much. We need decent quality as they will ski in them.

Any suggestions?

maestramommy
02-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Generally I stick to LE, maybe LL Bean but I have decided that for mittens I LOVE REI!

khalloc
02-19-2013, 09:56 PM
LL Bean

chottumommy
02-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Polarno pyret.. Great quality totally worth the price. They are having a sale right now.

hillview
02-19-2013, 10:10 PM
LL bean

StantonHyde
02-19-2013, 10:33 PM
LL Bean has good quality at very good prices. Columbia makes good ski wear as well--you could try Campmore. Or the Columbia online store.

cuca_
02-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Check Sierra Trading Post, Patagonia and Backcountry.

trales
02-19-2013, 10:37 PM
We do MEC (canadian company), LL Bean and Lands End. I love our MEC fleeces and winter jackets, they are super warm, cute and last forever.

hbridge
02-19-2013, 11:38 PM
For skiing, L.L. Bean ski jacket and bib style snow pants. For playing in the snow and general winter wear, L.L. Bean jacket (slightly lighter weight) and Lands End Snow pants.

We have skied some extreme conditions and the L.L.Bean jacket and Bibs have been great at keeping DC warm and comfortable.

cono0507
02-19-2013, 11:41 PM
Sierratradingpost.com
Amazing prices. DD had a super cute Marker brand ski jacket and pants I bought for under $100 for the set. Also have gotten much of my stuff there, esp merino wool base layers, kids and my smartwool ski socks, sorel boots for the kids, etc. their fb page and twitter feed often post 30-40 percent off coupon codes too.

Kindra178
02-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Patagonia jackets and LE bibs.

LexyLou
02-20-2013, 12:05 AM
Thanks guys, I didn't even think about ll bean. DH and were Patagonia and the North Face but I have a hard time spending that kind if money for something they'll grow out of so quickly.

I purchase our stuff at altrec.com but the kids selection isn't as good.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

MontrealMum
02-20-2013, 12:32 AM
We buy DS' coat and snowpants from LE (he wears these skiing as well as for everyday). Then we buy the base layers from Mountain Equipment Co-op (http://www.mec.ca/AST/Navigation/MEC_Global/ShopMEC.jsp) (you need a membership, it costs $5), EMS or REI. Wherever the price is best :) They've been various brands: North Face, Patagonia, Craft, store brand, etc. After being very frustrated the first few winters, I now always buy his mitts from Chlorophylle (http://www.chlorophylle.net/?___store=english&___from_store=default) and sometimes the base layers as well if there's a sale. Again, a Canadian company. They're spendy, but super warm. DS takes ski lessons every weekend in the winter and he needs things that are warm and hold up well.

ETA: love seeing the rec for MEC from across the border :canada:

niccig
02-20-2013, 12:36 AM
I got DS's ski bib and jacket on sale. They have the extra length in the legs and arms, so we got 2 seasons out of them.

pomegranate
02-20-2013, 01:58 AM
Love Lands End. Have found good stuff at REI too.

kwc
02-20-2013, 02:38 AM
For DD, base layers from Lands End, pants from REI and this weekend, she just skied in this clearance Snow Day parka from Garnet Hill
http://www.garnethill.com/sale-clearance/girls-clothing/girls-outerwear/

It is thin but fairly warm, has powder skirt, fleece-lined collar/ hood/ pockets, etc, and the teal hearts pattern made it very easy to spot her amongst the many other kids in ski school, etc. We ski in Tahoe so it wasn't very cold, though. Great deal if your size is still in stock... and actually pleases my super picky tween. We don't have their pants but price looks good!

cilantromapuche
02-20-2013, 07:17 AM
I second Polarn Pryet. They have a great sale going on right now. We have a mix of LE, Patagonia and POP but the POP stuff is the best by far.

smilequeen
02-20-2013, 09:16 AM
I buy North Face or Spyder for DS1. I may suck at hand me downs with clothes but not with this stuff. DS2 gets them when DS1 is done.

gatorsmom
02-20-2013, 09:47 AM
For downhill skiing Obermeyer and Spyder. For playing in the snow, Lands End.

LexyLou
02-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Thank you all!

We ski in Tahoe too, so it's not that cold although yesterday was 18 degrees!!!

I usually do LE, but the current girl styles did not get great reviews for fit. I like to buy for next season now if I can.

Going to look at all the other suggestions right now too!

Simon
02-20-2013, 03:05 PM
We do lots of LE, LLB, and REI as mentioned but I'll second Obermeyer, too. We had a nice pair of bibs from there and some lighter weight jackets.

ABO Mama
02-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Not very exciting, we get kid stuff at target. It works just fine for skiing in the Tahoe area (so not super cold). We also usually only go half day, so the DC aren't super tired, and still having fun.