PDA

View Full Version : 6 month old schedule

ArizonaGirl
02-19-2013, 11:21 PM
What does your 6 month old BF baby's schedule look like?

DD is 6 months old tomorrow:eek:. She has no real nap schedule and night time sleep is pretty much a disaster so I could use some guidance.

Our current sort-of schedule is...

0130 to 0230 - she nurses and sometimes goes back to her bed and sometimes stays in our bed
0400 - wakes if she is in her bed and wants to snuggle in my bed otherwise no waking
0500 - I wake up and get ready for work.
0530 - wake and nurse DD and then get her ready.
0545 - drop her off with my parents
0615 to 0630 - she takes a nap
0730 - she wakes up and plays
0800 - I pump at work and my mom gives her a bottle ~2.5 oz
0900 to 0930 - she goes down for nap
1000 - she wakes up and plays
1030 - I pump on lunch and my mom gives her a bottle ~3 oz
1130 to 1200 - she goes down for nap
1230 - she wakes up and plays
1300 - I pump at work and my mom gives her a bottle ~3 oz
1400 to 1430 - she goes down for nap
1530 - I pick her up nurse her
1630 - she usually nurses again
1830 to 1900 - get a new dipe and pjs and then nurses again and she will only sleep in bed with me or next to me on the couch.
2100 to 2130 - I go to bed and dream feed her and lay her down in her bassinet (PNP)

Like I said, pretty much a disaster. So if you wise BBB mamas :bowdown: could give me any guidance I could sure use it...

TIA

edurnemk
02-20-2013, 12:32 AM
DD's night schedule has been a mess since she had an EI a few days before turning 6 months, and last week she had an awful cold. Anyway, it's something like this on most days:

7-7:30 am she wakes up and nurses
8:45 to 9:30 am she naps (in the car on the way to drop off DS at preschool)
9:30 she nurses again, and the I offer pureed fruit and cereal (usually eats very little at this time)
Naps again sometime around mid-morning or noon, for about 90 minutes.
11:30-12:30 nurses again
3 pm nurses
3:30 I give her some pureed veggies.
4:30 pm to 5 pm - short nap
5 pm nurses
6:15-6:30 I give her a bath.
7 pm nurses and then goes to sleep for the night.
Around 10-11 pm she fusses a bit, I give her the pacifier and she settles back down.
Around midnight she nurses
4-5 am nurses again. Usually I bring her into our bed at this time. If she has a bad night and wakes more, I take her to my bed earlier.

So it's usually 3 naps, not too consistent in time and duration, but that's roughly it. I find the 90 minute sleep to wake cycle is pretty accurate with her, so I keep track of how long it's been since her last nap to know if she's due for another one. She nurses about 8-9 times in a 24 hour period. After she had the EI she was nursing like 4 times during the night, once she got better I started trying to soothe her or distract her any way I could to space the feedings a bit more (give her a paci, rock her, cuddle with her, walk around the room with her). I also made sure she got plenty of BM during her midnight feeding, waking her a bit to have her take the second breast if necessary. After a few nights she dropped back to 1-2 feedings a night.

For bedtime, I let her nurse to sleep, but if she doesn't doze off while nursing, I put her in the PnP (she still sleeps in our room so we use the PnP there) and sit beside her until she falls asleep, sometimes I need to pat her back, give her her paci, but eventually she falls asleep. I made the mistake with DS of letting him get used to being rocked to sleep, and then had to wean him off it. So with DD I've never rocked her to sleep, she either nurses to sleep, falls asleep in my arms but with no motion (mostly for naps) or gets put in her crib awake (bedtime).