PDA

View Full Version : HELP...White sink stain??

SASM
02-20-2013, 11:51 AM
I have a white sink, the type that is built into Corian counter tops. I am a FREAK about my sink but must have poured tomato sauce down the disposal yesterday without rinsing. :banghead: That is the only thing that I can think of because this morning I found an orange ring and lovely splatters all around one of my drains. :( I have tried Bon Ami, Bar Keeper's Friend, Magic Eraser, and OxiClean. The OxiClean lightened it up somewhat but it is still very much THERE in all of its pastel orange splendor. Any other suggestions? The only other thing that I can think of is Comet or lemon juice. I need to give my poor sink a break and pray that sunlight will do the trick while I am gone.

THANK YOU in advance!!!

Blue Hydrangea
02-20-2013, 12:02 PM
What is the sink made of? If it's white ceramic, you can try The Works toilet bowl cleaner, which is so crazy strong and will the take the finish off of some stuff and rust stainless steel, so while it will work great in toilets and to get stains of of ceramic, I wouldn't try it if your sink is Corian like the countertop.

egoldber
02-20-2013, 12:09 PM
I have that same white Corian sink. Oh how do I hate it, let me count the ways..... I cannot wait to get a stainless sink again!

Barkeeper's Friend usually works for me, but I have used Comet before. DH refuses to rinse and I routinely have to get out pasta sauce, coffee, etc.

katydid1971
02-20-2013, 12:29 PM
I used this on a rust stain once and it worked well, it wasn't corian but it worked well on a ceramic sink.
Make a paste of cream of tartar and lemon and let it sit on the stain.

MizMojoLaveau
02-20-2013, 12:50 PM
I routinely use comet on my inherited white sink, but used the
soft scrub with bleach gel (green bottle)
and was amazed that it got mine cleaner than the comet ever did! That's what I use on the tomato based (or any) stains. Good luck!

SASM
02-20-2013, 04:58 PM
I have that same white Corian sink. Oh how do I hate it, let me count the ways..... I cannot wait to get a stainless sink again!

Barkeeper's Friend usually works for me, but I have used Comet before. DH refuses to rinse and I routinely have to get out pasta sauce, coffee, etc.

Ohhh...I hear you, Beth!!!! I HATE this sink!!!! Soooo looking forward to SS again. I tried BKF...will try again. I've never had a stain this stubborn!!

SASM
02-20-2013, 04:59 PM
I used this on a rust stain once and it worked well, it wasn't corian but it worked well on a ceramic sink.
Make a paste of cream of tartar and lemon and let it sit on the stain.

Ohhh...I can try this!! I have both!! Will try after 2nd attempt with BKF. Thank you!!

SASM
02-20-2013, 05:00 PM
I routinely use comet on my inherited white sink, but used the
soft scrub with bleach gel (green bottle)
and was amazed that it got mine cleaner than the comet ever did! That's what I use on the tomato based (or any) stains. Good luck!

Ohhh...ohhh...ohhhh!!! I might have that in my garage stash from pre-staging. Will look!! Thank you!!