PDA

View Full Version : Would you go?

PunkyBoo
02-20-2013, 12:24 PM
My girlfriends have a Moms Night Out about every month or two. There are 6 of us. Tomorrow is our next scheduled event but only 4 of us can go. Its a casual dinner then seeing a show at a local college theater. The tickets have already been purchased and I think they were $20 each.

DH and I had a huge (unrelated) fight the other night and are in "survival mode" still - meaning we are cordial around the kids but otherwise not really speaking. Usually when that happens, after a few days we just resume normal life and move on. This time I'm not sure as he is really mad at me for telling him why I'm mad at him... :rolleye0014: Tomorrow night he has soccer practice for Punkin's team (DH is the coach) and they won't be home until about 7:30. I didn't know they would have practice this week (just starting up the season) when I got my show ticket. The show is at 8 but the girls are meeting for dinner at 6:30. Even though I told DH about it and saw him put it in his calendar a month or so ago, I'mcertain he doesn't remember as he keeps forgetting to check his "personal" calendar on his new smartphone and only checks his "work" calendar on his work phone. So either I'd have to ask our nanny to stay with Boo until DH and Punkin get home so I can go to dinner, or I can skip the dinner and just go to the show when they get home (theater is walking distance from my house.)

But I'm super tired, both kids were really sick last week, and I have to get up for work on Friday at 5am. I normally try to go to bed between 9:30 and 10 but when I got the tickets I thought one late night wouldn't kill me. I just don't really *want* to go but I also hate to lose the $ and miss out on seeing my friends since I don't see them very often. But I also still have strong guilty feelings about having the nanny stay with the kids so much and me be away from the kids since I started working last year.

WWYD?

I'm super tired

Green_Tea
02-20-2013, 12:30 PM
I never, ever regret a night out with my friends. It sounds like you could use some fun. I suggest a cup of coffee at 4:30, some fantastic lipstick and shoes, and power through. It will improve your mood :).

SnuggleBuggles
02-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Yes, it'll let you recharge and, depending on your friends, you may get good advice or commiseration.

Blue Hydrangea
02-20-2013, 12:43 PM
I would go. A night out with friends makes me feel so much better.

AnnieW625
02-20-2013, 12:49 PM
I would go too. Good luck!

iaam
02-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Definitely go. And I struggle majorly with Mommy guilt too, so I feel for you...

Globetrotter
02-20-2013, 12:56 PM
I always feel better after a night out with friends! Go!

Philly Mom
02-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Even when I don't want to go, having fun with friends is always the best to make me feel better. I find it is like being in an alternate universe for a couple hours.

MamaMolly
02-20-2013, 01:20 PM
I think you will feel refreshed if you go.

belovedgandp
02-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Had to chime in, yes, I've had a few times recently that I was going out and thinking about the dozen other things I should be doing, but I always feel better once I get there.

Now, I did have a group that I started regularly dreading going to; not just the pressure of life but specifically that group of people, so I dropped it.

mmommy
02-20-2013, 02:36 PM
I never, ever regret a night out with my friends. It sounds like you could use some fun. I suggest a cup of coffee at 4:30, some fantastic lipstick and shoes, and power through. It will improve your mood :).

:yeahthat: Almost every time I have to talk myself into going, because things are always so crazy around here. Then, every time I wonder why I didn't want to go because it always does me so much good to go out with girlfriends.

okinawama
02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
I never, ever regret a night out with my friends.
:yeahthat:
I always come back physically exhausted, but emotionally refreshed! I hope you're able to have a great time and enjoy the time with your friends!

TwinFoxes
02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
I'll be the outlier, I wouldn't go. I hate going out when I'm exhausted. Or, if I really wanted to see my friends, I'd just go for the dinner, and skip the play, making it an early night. The money is gone one way or the other. I wouldn't force myself to stay out late just because I spent $20.