PDA

View Full Version : longshot- maryland used car help

amatahrain
02-20-2013, 02:35 PM
My dad is interested in buying a used car in Maryland. The dealers website says it not can't be purchased by a MD resident. My dad isn't clear on exactly why. I've looked at a couple of dealer sites that say the same thing but I can't not figure out why. I live in PA so technically I could help him get around this. I'd rather know the reason why before I do it though :) Anybody have experience with this? My google searches did not net an results.

amatahrain
02-20-2013, 03:25 PM
Just wanted to say that I did online chat with a new & used Honda dealer to ask my question. I gave them my email to get back to me and fibbed that I was at work all three times they asked for my phone number. I get that they want to sell me a car but geez. This must be some really complicated, a national secret or a huge pain in my rear!

anonomom
02-20-2013, 03:34 PM
It's been 7 years since I lived in MD, but I can tell you that selling a used car there is a huge pain in the rear. The car has to pass a very detailed inspection. I remember being forced to remove a loose piece of body trim from a car I was trying to sell because the inspector thought someone could walk by and get caught on it (there was no way that could actually happen). Don't know if that's what's going on with your potential sellers, but it could be.