PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to filter your water?

cilantromapuche
02-20-2013, 05:25 PM
We used to have a Brita but that was too much work. What do you use or should we reconsider using the Brita?

Green_Tea
02-20-2013, 05:26 PM
We use nothing :). Does your water taste bad unfiltered?

ellies mom
02-20-2013, 05:40 PM
We only filter for taste so I just get whatever water I want for drinking from the water dispenser in the fridge. I don't remember the type of filter, whatever they sell at Sears.

AnnieW625
02-20-2013, 05:45 PM
We use a Brita filter.

kaharris83
02-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Pur filter on the faucet.

SASM
02-20-2013, 06:04 PM
:heartbeat: Brita! We can taste the difference when we do not use it. Haven't tried any other brand. We use the large liter container in the fridge - the kids love to help themselves. ;) Anything to promote more water consumption.

cilantromapuche
02-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Our water tastes good actually but DS has marks on his teeth from Flouride and they will never go away. DD is getting her front teeth and I don't want them to be damaged as well.
I don't know much about fluoride (I should look it up) but that can't be good.

stinkyfeet
02-20-2013, 07:10 PM
We use the fridge filter for our drinking water. We are interested in a plumber installing a professional filter too.

KDsMommy
02-20-2013, 07:16 PM
I use a Brita pitcher and keep it in the fridge.

georgiegirl
02-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Reverse osmosis system. The water tastes so good. My DD can tell the difference between our "nice" water and "sink water" as she calls it and lower quality bottled water. I've created a water snob.

Aishe
02-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Reverse osmosis system. The water tastes so good. My DD can tell the difference between our "nice" water and "sink water" as she calls it and lower quality bottled water. I've created a water snob.

Do you happen to know which system you have? I would really like a RO system, but I'm overwhelmed by the choices.

georgiegirl
02-20-2013, 09:37 PM
We have Culligan. They also installed a water softener for us. If your DH is handy, I'm sure he could do it himself. I love ours so much. The only problem is that I'm spoiled. When we go on vacation, I don't drink much water since it just doesn't taste good. We end up buying expensive bottled water. DD could tell the difference by the time she turned 5, and she loudly complains about wafer quality. DS (3.5) can't tell the difference.

essnce629
02-21-2013, 03:10 AM
We have a Mavea pitcher filter. We used to have a Brita, but I hated it since it always had little black particles from the filter end up in the water and the lid was always falling off. I like the Mavea much better and it's prettier too! No particles in the water and the lid stays on tightly.

http://www.amazon.com/Mavea-1001125-Elemaris-Filtration-Pitcher/dp/B002U50QQQ

AnnieW625
02-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Our water tastes good actually but DS has marks on his teeth from Flouride and they will never go away. DD is getting her front teeth and I don't want them to be damaged as well.
I don't know much about fluoride (I should look it up) but that can't be good.

The lines will go away if you have them professionally bleached if they are on his permanent teeth. I got mine bleached when I was 17 (1994). I was a child in the 80s and taking fluoride tabs daily was the recommended norm. If the stains are really bad I might look into this when he is a bit older, maybe early teens.