PDA

View Full Version : We would like to watch a G rated DVD Tom. Night any suggestions? For family night.

chozen
02-20-2013, 08:00 PM
Title says I all.

sophiesmom03
02-20-2013, 09:00 PM
How old are DC? Dolphin Tale was a big recent hit here...

Cars and Nemo are perennial faves...

rlu
02-20-2013, 09:23 PM
I've a soft spot for Pooh (the original).

Ponyo
My Neighbor Totoro (kinda weird)
Kiki's Delivery Service

Jungle book (you know your kids best, might be too scary, not sure of your DC ages) - dancing encouraged during certain scenes

My other fav is Sleeping Beauty for the dragon (awesome!)

georgiegirl
02-20-2013, 09:29 PM
I just checked out Mary Poppins for our family to watch tomorrow. We watched the Sound of Music last weekend, both of my kids (6.5 and 3.5 liked it.). The various Muppet movies are also fun.

acmom
02-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Both my kids (DD, 4 and DS 2.5) really like all the Tinkerbell movies. The newest one, Secret of the Wings was a big hit.

mom2beofboy/girltwins
02-21-2013, 01:21 AM
Curious George movie is well loved in our house. As an added bonus, I think it's cute too and the Jack Johnson music is great.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

novmber
02-21-2013, 02:09 AM
Cinderella

Madagascar 3

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

ang79
02-21-2013, 03:53 PM
My girls are 4 and 6.5 and enjoy anything Disney princess. DH even enjoyed Tangled. They also love all the Disney Fairy movies. They have boy friends around the same age that also like most of these. Recently we've watched Jungle Book and Jungle Book 2, and Finding Nemo (a few intense moments but nothing worse than Snow White!). I also ordered Land Before Time and A Great American Tail w/ Fieval the mouse when Amazon had them for $5 each. I remember watching these movies as a kid and loving them. Others that we have enjoyed as a family: Up, Wall E, Cars. And both of my girls love Charlotte's Web (both the cartoon version and the one w/ Dakota Fanning as Fern).

lizzywednesday
02-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Current faves for DD are:

* Cars (heads' up for massive car wreck in the opening sequence race; also use of the word "hell" by a main character as part of the phrase "Hillbilly Hell")
* Cars 2 (not really tense, but it does drag a bit in some spots)
* Lady & the Tramp (tense sequence after Lady runs away from Aunt Sarah & gets cornered by junkyard dogs, also tense & slightly scary part when Tramp is fighting the rat in the baby's room)
* Tangled (I find Mother Gothel, the witch, to be deliciously creepy; tense parts every now & again)
* Alice in Wonderland (1951 animated version; slightly scary when the cards chase Alice at the end)
* Beauty and the Beast (the wolves & the Beast when Belle's father finds the castle are probably the scariest parts, though the mob-o-villagers sequence during "Kill the Beast!" and the fight with Gaston on the roof are pretty tense/scary, too)
* Pixar Short Films
* Monsters, Inc. (when Sully roars and Randall being sneaky are probably the scariest parts)
* Wall-E (trash compactor part where Wall-E is almost crushed)
* Finding Nemo (Tense/scary parts include the sharks, deep water fish, and, of course, Darla; the "Mount Wannahockaloogie" sequence could be a little scary, but it's mostly played for laughs)

She's also taken to the Tinker Bell movies, but we don't own any yet - she's seen them on Disney Jr.

boolady
02-21-2013, 04:31 PM
We all love the Toy Story movies in our house. We also really like Tangled, the Tinkerbell movies, and (I know you said G, and this is PG) The Incredibles.

chozen
02-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Thanks, we just checked out sound of music and Madagascar 3 from the library. I also had them reserve a few others that were mentioned. Thanks again!

sarahsthreads
02-21-2013, 05:20 PM
A little late for tonight, but maybe for another time...

Our whole family really enjoyed The Secret World of Arrietty. Common Sense Media (http://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/the-secret-world-of-arrietty) has it as a green light for age 7+, but we took a chance and DD2 (4.5) enjoyed it - she's pretty sensitive to many movies, but this didn't upset her. There's a tense/scary bit where a bird tries to catch Arrietty, and another tense/scary part where the housekeeper (temporarily) captures the mother borrower. But overall it's a beautiful movie and really captured my kids' imaginations!

Sarah :)

IansMom
02-21-2013, 06:35 PM
I am also chiming in late, but DS (4) likes Gnomeo and Juliet.

OKKiddo
02-21-2013, 06:38 PM
I just checked out Mary Poppins for our family to watch tomorrow. We watched the Sound of Music last weekend, both of my kids (6.5 and 3.5 liked it.). The various Muppet movies are also fun.

Ohh, Mary Poppins! I loved that movie growing up!

OKKiddo
02-21-2013, 06:38 PM
I haven't checked but my kiddos also like watching Nanny McPhee (we have Basset Hounds so the like seeing other Bassets in movies/commercials).

fauve01
02-21-2013, 09:46 PM
My horse-loving 9YO dd has loved Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron since she was about 4. it's good for boys or girls!
http://www.amazon.com/Spirit-Stallion-Cimarron-Matt-Damon/dp/B003E66Y3E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361497414&sr=8-2&keywords=spirit+stallion+of+the+cimarron

Last weekend we watched Hotel Transylvania and it was really good! not scary at all.
http://www.amazon.com/Hotel-Transylvania-UltraViolet-Digital-Copy/dp/B0034G4OYA/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1361497533&sr=1-2&keywords=hotel+transylvania