PDA

View Full Version : Drugstore facial moisturizer

fedoragirl
02-21-2013, 01:01 AM
I just bought Neutrogena Naturals moisturizer from Target and it's doing zip for my skin. I have combination skin and am looking for something light with a little more moisturizing than the acne stuff I used to use in my 20s.
I read another thread and Cerave was recommended. Is that sold in stores? I need a facial moisturizer now. And I really don't want to spend a lot on it.

wendibird22
02-21-2013, 06:40 AM
I use cerava am and cerava pm. Ive found both at CVS, Wegmans, etc.

indigo99
02-21-2013, 10:47 AM
I use the Neutrogena oil-free Moisture lotion for combination skin. I've found that their moisturizer can vary a lot from one "flavor" to the next. Their moisture lotion for sensitive skin left my face looking shiny, but the one for comination skin has a mattifying effect that I like. I do use a washcloth to wash/exfoliate in the shower though and then apply the moisturizer daily, and it probably wouldn't be enough if you have really dry skin. Every other moisturizer that I've tried has made me break out though.

WatchingThemGrow
02-21-2013, 10:52 AM
The dermatologist told me to try Purpose. He said Cerave can tend to aggravate some, and he thinks it was my skin... and I've done the neutrogena oil free for sensitive skin for years. after doing a clinique emergency mask last night, my skin feels great today!

SASM
02-21-2013, 11:08 AM
I also use Cerave AM and PM. I believe it was discontinued at Target but I can still "easily" find it at Walmart. You might be able to find a coupon online as well...I get them from my derm office all the time. I used the AM throughout the entire time I was having laser treatments...no problems!!

Green_Tea
02-21-2013, 11:08 AM
I like Olay Complete SPF 15 for sensitive skin. It's my go-to when my Elta MD sunscreen isn't doing the trick (when it's cold and dry out). Absorbs quickly and doesn't make me break out.