PDA

View Full Version : Quick help - Recommendations for liquid foundation?

MMMommy
02-21-2013, 01:23 PM
I do not use foundation ever (just powder foundation). I need to pick one up today, and I have no clue which brand to get. Any favorites out there?

lizzywednesday
02-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Whatever doesn't make my skin crawl.

Clinique's "Almost Makeup" and "Superbalanced" were my go-to's.

My drugstore brand was Jane, but it's no longer made. Too many of the drugstore brands use fragrances, so they're actually super-off-limits to me as they not only make my skin crawl but they also make me break out.

brittone2
02-21-2013, 01:35 PM
For photos? Some foundations don't photograph well (which can be an issue if you are in a wedding or something like that).

How much coverage do you need?

Will you wear it everyday? Just for going out? Just for a night on the town?

I don't need a ton of coverage, and like Tarte's tinted moisturizer/BB cream for everyday.

MMMommy
02-21-2013, 01:39 PM
I need it for a special occasion/party. Would like to even out my skin tone and hide my sun damage/freckles. Thanks for any tips!

AnnieW625
02-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Try MAC Studio Tech. You can apply as little or as much as you need. It is in a compact form and wet, not dry. It also photographs really well (I initially bought this to use for my wedding as I did my own makeup) so that is all I wear it for these days, special occaisions and photographs. It is good for dry weather as well, I wore it all of the time in the winter in Nor Cal.

I used to use Clinique Super Balanced for many years as well, but that has SPF in it, which for photos can cause a glare so that is when I switched to Mac. I also noticed I had less blackheads and breakouts once I stopped using it.

I have liked the sample sizes of Estee Lauder's Double Wear, and Lancome's Tient Idole I have gotten as GWPs. I also think I have a GWP of Clinique's Perfectly Real foundation as well and that is nice; it is either Perfectly Real or Super Moisture, I can't remember.

Indianamom2
02-21-2013, 02:16 PM
I really liked Lancome's Teint Idole as well (just not the $40 pricetag!). I used it to cover redness mainly and even out my skintone. It photographs well, IMO.

fauve01
02-21-2013, 02:38 PM
i used bare minerals powder for years but recently switched to Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour foundation because i wasn't liking how the BM was looking these days. I LOVE the tarte! :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: it feels so soft and smooth--it has the consistency of mousse. it lasts too.

http://www.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-12-hour-full-coverage-foundation-spf-15-P302918?skuId=1393370

i bought it on QVC and it came with the awesome applicator brush to apply it with. also love love love! :heartbeat:
http://www.sephora.com/airbrush-finish-bamboo-foundation-brush-P302919

MMMommy
02-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks! I will check them all out.

mom2khj
02-21-2013, 03:16 PM
I love Make Up Forever's HD foundation. Covers awesome, stays put and doesn't break me out! I used to use Lancome Teint Idole but they changed the formula and it breaks me out now.

RNJill
02-21-2013, 03:33 PM
I also use Makeup Forever (I get it at Sephora) and love it! Balances out my skin, photographs well, looks natural, doesn't feel heavy. Good luck!

hillview
02-21-2013, 03:36 PM
laura mercer moisturizing

MommyofAmaya
02-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Have been on a search for a makeup that adequately conceals my sunspots/melasma and I've finally found a winner with Clinique Even Better. I liked it when I chose my own shade but I LOVE it after I was color matched at Sephora. I was moving up from a tinted moisturizer and this is not much heavier at all.

BunnyBee
02-21-2013, 04:59 PM
i used bare minerals powder for years but recently switched to Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour foundation because i wasn't liking how the BM was looking these days. I LOVE the tarte! :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: it feels so soft and smooth--it has the consistency of mousse. it lasts too.

http://www.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-12-hour-full-coverage-foundation-spf-15-P302918?skuId=1393370

i bought it on QVC and it came with the awesome applicator brush to apply it with. also love love love! :heartbeat:
http://www.sephora.com/airbrush-finish-bamboo-foundation-brush-P302919

Love this and their tinted moisturizer. Sephora will give you samples to try out at home. I think I was able to use the sample for a good week!