PDA

View Full Version : Looking for video monitor deal...

3littlebirds
02-21-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm trying to figure out what the best video monitor is... I'm getting one for a girlfriend whose baby has been recently diagnosed with significant medical issues - hoping to bring her a little peace of mind. Any recommendations for brands and where to purchase? Thanks!

teresah00
02-21-2013, 02:45 PM
I have the Motorola mbp36. Two of my sisters have the same one and we all have been happy. I have three other kids and barely used a regular monitor. Decided to buy video this time bc we are in a bigger house and DD was barely audible when crying.

Eta as far as deals I bought mine off eBay. Pretty sure bru excludes Motorola on their coupons. bBB only has a single camera but I wanted two. My sis was able to use a BBB coupon at bru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3littlebirds
02-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Your response was very helpful. Thank you!! :)

oneontheway
02-21-2013, 08:42 PM
I have the Motorola mbp36. Two of my sisters have the same one and we all have been happy. I have three other kids and barely used a regular monitor. Decided to buy video this time bc we are in a bigger house and DD was barely audible when crying.

Eta as far as deals I bought mine off eBay. Pretty sure bru excludes Motorola on their coupons. bBB only has a single camera but I wanted two. My sis was able to use a BBB coupon at bru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this one too and really like it (I've had several). I'm pretty sure this is the one that BRU has on sale now. I think you get a $75 gift card with it.

bostonsmama
02-21-2013, 11:02 PM
We're on our 3rd Summer Infant Video Monitor (Secure Sight, this time). The warranty process was exhausting, and you're without your "eyes" for up to 3 weeks while they receive their broken monitor back and send you another. We DID get another, but I'm leery this one will last to a second baby. We do USE it night and day, though. I love how my friend commented that she always thought her son was asleep when quiet but then saw the mayhem he was really up to (once mobile). I wouldn't spend more than $150 on something unless it was guaranteed to last 5 years. I'm serious.

mcmanutm
02-21-2013, 11:16 PM
I also have the Motorola m36 and love it. I was able to use a Buy Buy Baby 20% off coupon at Babies R Us (wanted the one with two camera). I bought a third camera on amazon during one of their sales.

3littlebirds
02-22-2013, 12:09 AM
Thank you for the replies!! I am looking at the Motorola's....!