PDA

View Full Version : Etiquette help:TY card or V day card?

daisyd
02-21-2013, 03:29 PM
DS's preschool doesnt encourage exchange of Valentine's day cards/treats. Parents were told that we could mail these out to children's homes if we wanted. So we and most other parents just had the kids draw pictures which were exchanged between friends at school. But yesterday DS got a card with a tattoo in the mail from a preschool friend. Since its a week after V day do we just send a thank you card or do we need to have a V day theme? Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
02-21-2013, 03:45 PM
I don't think you need to send anything, personally. That family probably just wanted to send out Valentines for fun. If your ds already exchanged pictures with them, that's enough. (Might I say that I'm impressed that the kids did that? My kids would have had 0 desire to draw pictures for preschool friends! Not big on art...like pulling teeth!)

daisyd
02-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks. I was surprised too and touched when DS came home with pics drawn for him by his friends and he said he'd gifted away some pics as well. he can be possessive of his art :)

wellyes
02-21-2013, 05:42 PM
I agree, I wouldn't send anything, it was a nice gesture that does not need to be reciprocated.

daisyd
02-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Thanks all!