PDA

View Full Version : Any Rainbow Loom fans?

AmyZ
02-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Where are you buying your replacement rubber bands?

They have them on Amazon, but no Prime shipping. (gasp!)

Learning Express has them for $3.99/bag, I think... hoping to do better.

Twin Mom
02-21-2013, 11:36 PM
DS loves his loom but we've been buying the rubber bands at Learning Express. We used a coupon when we bought the looms and a bunch of bands but I would love to get a better price.

anonomom
02-22-2013, 09:13 AM
DD got a rainbow loom for her birthday. The bands look very similar to the little hair bands Walmart sells. Those are $2.50 for a tiny tackle box of 500 bands. Maybe those would work?

calv
09-10-2013, 12:19 PM
ac moore has them 3 bags of (300 I believe ) for $5. lots of great colors!

Madelyn
09-10-2013, 02:08 PM
ac moore has them 3 bags of (300 I believe ) for $5. lots of great colors!

Wow-great price! Wish we had AC Moore here. The OP posted this in February but as this fad catches on, maybe more people will post and more stores will sell them. I bought my daughter her original kit off of Ebay in late July. Back then none of our local stores (Austin, TX) area had them in stock. Then the next week, Learning Express got them in stock. My sister got my daughter lots of refill bands at Learning Express and when she goes for the free classes there, I will buy bands there there to support the store. I have purchased one pack of solid pink at Target. They are not the official bands. They were in the section near the registers and Dollar Spot where trading cards (baseball, Pokemon, etc) are sold. Can't remember the quantity and price of the pack. Maybe $1.99 or $2.99 for 300? I have also noticed the off brand ones at Walgreens but cannot recall the details. My biggest score was at Sally Beauty. I noticed the packs of hair rubber bands that were 400 for $1.49 (Beauty Club price but not much more for non-members). The coupon for that month was B2G1 free. So I got 2 multi-colored packs and 1 pack of black, a total of 1200 bands for around $3. I believe the B2G1 pack free deal was only for August though. My daughter is able to use these bands with her loom although she says she likes the softer feel of the ones from Target best. Michaels also carries the Loom and refill packs I believe but they are excluded from sales/coupons. So I think they are the same price as Learning Express.

malphy
09-10-2013, 09:18 PM
five below sells the 300 packs that ac moore sells. they are 3 for $5

octmom
09-11-2013, 10:29 AM
five below sells the 300 packs that ac moore sells. they are 3 for $5

Ooh, I'm so glad to know this! We just got a five below in town this summer, and my kids are very into Rainbow Loom right now. Lots of kids at their school are making stuff with it now.

Twoboos
09-11-2013, 10:35 AM
DD2 just got one for her bday, and the gift-giver included 3 extra bags of bands, so can't help there. (Although someday she may run out so it's good to know this. ;))

But in a hijack, where are you going to find additional patterns besides the basic one that came with the instructions? Their web site (rainbowloom.com/instructions)?

octmom
09-11-2013, 10:39 AM
DD2 just got one for her bday, and the gift-giver included 3 extra bags of bands, so can't help there. (Although someday she may run out so it's good to know this. ;))

But in a hijack, where are you going to find additional patterns besides the basic one that came with the instructions? Their web site (rainbowloom.com/instructions)?

If you google Rainbow Loom and look for YouTube videos, you'll find plenty. There is a young girl who posts videos that are easy to follow. I think her You Tube account is Ashley Steph.

calv
09-11-2013, 12:04 PM
If you google Rainbow Loom and look for YouTube videos, you'll find plenty. There is a young girl who posts videos that are easy to follow. I think her You Tube account is Ashley Steph.

Ditto, youtube the way to go. We pause, play, pause the ipad as they're making it. FYI, claires has the elastics & the charms 2/$5Not a bad deal :)

daisymommy
09-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Alright, educate me here mamas. DD has mentioned wanting a rainbow loom several times, and I have no clue what she is talking about. Where do you buy them?

Sent from my iPad

calv
09-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Alright, educate me here mamas. DD has mentioned wanting a rainbow loom several times, and I have no clue what she is talking about. Where do you buy them?

Sent from my iPad

the paper store and learning expresss sell it. Also here on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Loom-Twistz-Bandz/dp/B00DMC6KAC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378930925&sr=8-1&keywords=rainbow+loom

Videos on how to: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ranbow+loom&oq=ranbow+loom&gs_l=youtube.3..0i10l10.98.2615.0.2822.9.8.0.0.0.0 .214.969.3j4j1.8.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.ts4BHM tRQIs

HTH's =D

calebsmama03
09-11-2013, 04:50 PM
This looks cute and DD would probably love it, but the idea of finding those little bands all over my house is giving me the twitches! lol

mom2mack&max
09-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Is Amazon's price for the loom competitive (18.29)? I would
prefer to order from there, but if it's much cheaper at Michaels
Or LExpress, I will go there.

Twoboos
09-11-2013, 08:31 PM
This looks cute and DD would probably love it, but the idea of finding those little bands all over my house is giving me the twitches! lol

Better those than stepping on the the Perler beads!

Tenasparkl
09-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Is Amazon's price for the loom competitive (18.29)? I would
prefer to order from there, but if it's much cheaper at Michaels
Or LExpress, I will go there.

I think the regular price is $16.99 at Michael's but I got it a week or so ago there for $14.99 for some promotion.

octmom
09-11-2013, 09:23 PM
FWIW, some kids can make stuff without the loom. DS told me a girl in his class makes bracelets during recess using her fingers, and I saw a little girl leaving the afterschool program today with a huge bag of bands and a couple of pencils. You can make some designs using only a couple of pegs on the loom, so I think those can be done on fingers or pencils too.

nellonello
09-12-2013, 11:59 AM
My DD just started kindergarten. Do you think she would be too young to manage this?

Madelyn
09-12-2013, 10:01 PM
My DD just started kindergarten. Do you think she would be too young to manage this?

The daughter of our friends who introduced us to Rainbow Loom just started Kinder this school year. I believe she just makes the simple designs though. My daughter who will turn 7 at the end of November started with Rainbow Loom in the summer. It helped her a lot to go to the free classes at the Learning Express store. She is now able to make a few of the designs. Seems that the ages of most of the kids in the class are about 8 to 11 years old. My daughter was always the youngest at the classes we have been to. She likes crafts and is patient and doesn't get discouraged easily. She's shown other friends her age the loom and they haven't wanted to try it.

azzeps
09-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Ugh. My MIL saw this on the Today Show and sent DD one. She is 5.5 and in Kindergarten. I wanted to sit down with her while DS was napping and figure it out, but she just wanted to use it as a peg board and loop the rubberbands around in patterns. I'm not telling MIL we haven't made any bracelets yet. I'm feeling the pressure to get it figured out, though, because I know she will keep asking if we have used it!! Maybe I'm the impatient one!

nellonello
09-13-2013, 12:00 AM
The daughter of our friends who introduced us to Rainbow Loom just started Kinder this school year. I believe she just makes the simple designs though. My daughter who will turn 7 at the end of November started with Rainbow Loom in the summer. It helped her a lot to go to the free classes at the Learning Express store. She is now able to make a few of the designs. Seems that the ages of most of the kids in the class are about 8 to 11 years old. My daughter was always the youngest at the classes we have been to. She likes crafts and is patient and doesn't get discouraged easily. She's shown other friends her age the loom and they haven't wanted to try it.

Thank you. Sounds like it may be a bit frustrating for her. Unless it can be found at an incredible price I will hold off. I appreciate your feedback.

mnosky1
09-13-2013, 11:36 PM

I have girls, age 10 and 5.5. The rainbow loom has been very popular since last Christmas- we have a local Learning Express that is extremely popular and has had a couple classes a week almost all of 2013. The girls didnt use it much over the summer but started again as school started. So my 5 year old wants to use the loom all the time now. I sat with her to make a bracelet and I had her do the first set of bands then I do the second part (looping- a little harder), then she puts the clip on and takes it off the loom. So this is an option for that age. She loves wearing them and making them for people.
Someone mentioned doing it without the loom- you can but doubt that makes kid happy- they all seem to want loom, but sometimes do simple or certain bracelets without. Learning Express also has a nice box to keep it all together. I had my DD use a tackle box/old scrapbook box then realized the LE one was better because it stayed shut and organized when you dropped it!