PDA

View Full Version : Toddler sick... what is this?

MamaInMarch
02-22-2013, 09:51 AM
On Tuesday night my 16mo DD woke up vomiting. What came up was food she'd had around 2 or 3 in the afternoon (refused everything I offered except breastmilk since then). She also had a pretty decent temp (100.3 axillary). She vomited twice more within an hour or so. Without any meds, the temp was gone by 1 in the afternoon on Wednesday. Yesterday she seemed fine and playful, although she ate very little and mostly just nursed. This morning around 7 she vomited again. This time no fever. She just seems a little drowsy or lethargic. Also she is pooping (normal frequency/consistency) and it is *toxic*, eye-watering. (Sorry for the TMI)

Is this going around? Food related? I can't think of anything she's had out of the ordinary and the rest of us are fine. Should I take her to the sick clinic at the ped?

wellyes
02-22-2013, 09:53 AM
That sounds like a typical stomach bug. I'd give it a few more days.

Indianamom2
02-22-2013, 10:00 AM
That sounds like a typical stomach bug. I'd give it a few more days.

:yeahthat: I'm betting she's just got a virus. Sorry mama!

marymoo86
02-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Sounds similar to what DD had last year. FYI and sorry if you already knew this but sometimes virus/bug can cause a drastic change in color in her BM's. There was no color in DD's and scared me to death!

MamaInMarch
02-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Thank you. I hope this the last of it. I am glad it seems we had a fairly mild case!