PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Rain Boots: Glossy vs. Matte???

newmomto1
02-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Now that we have a puppy I feel the need for a good pair of rain boots to go walking in the yucky weather.
I think I am planning on a pair of Black Hunter Classic Short from Zappos.
Just cannot decide glossy vs. matte.
Any Hunter owners (or others) have an opinion????
TIA!!!!

MMMommy
02-22-2013, 12:52 PM
I have both the matte black and a glossy black. The matte black has developed a chalky white look to it, which I think is common. I'm not sure if that is because I've had the matte black pair longer and wear them more, or if the matte ones are more prone to the white residue.

newmomto1
02-22-2013, 01:30 PM
I have both the matte black and a glossy black. The matte black has developed a chalky white look to it, which I think is common. I'm not sure if that is because I've had the matte black pair longer and wear them more, or if the matte ones are more prone to the white residue.

Does the chalkiness look bad? Does it wipe off?
Just curious why you wear the matte more....
Do you think they go with more than the glossy??
I just cannot decide .....

cuca_
02-22-2013, 02:08 PM
I have the glossy in orange/red and love them. Mine have not developed any chalkiness, and I have had them for over three years and wear them fairly frequently.

ourbabygirl
02-22-2013, 02:21 PM
I think they're both cute, but I like the glossy ones a bit more- I think they're a little more girly. :loveeyes:

Beth24
02-22-2013, 02:30 PM
I have short glossy ones in gray and I love them.

liz
02-22-2013, 02:49 PM
I have had my pair for over 6 years. They are matte and have developed a chalky whiteness to them, but I read on their care instructions that this is normal. I do believe there is a way to clean it, but honestly I am too lazy. I just wear them outside, never to stores etc. so it doesn't really bother me. If I had to do it over again, I might be inclined to get the glossy version to avoid this.

Also, want to add that I love my fleece liners- they keep my feet much warmer in the cold months.

citymama
02-22-2013, 04:32 PM
I've been eyeing Hunters too and I definitely would get the glossy!

SnuggleBuggles
02-22-2013, 04:47 PM
I've been eyeing Hunters too and I definitely would get the glossy!

:yeahthat:

ged
02-22-2013, 05:27 PM
I have matte ones. To get rid of the "bloom" you can rub olive oil on them. Voila!

emily_gracesmama
02-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Love my glossy black ones!

turtle12
02-22-2013, 06:11 PM
OT but what color fleece liners for black glossy hunters? Cream, charcoal, black.....?

MMMommy
02-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Does the chalkiness look bad? Does it wipe off?
Just curious why you wear the matte more....
Do you think they go with more than the glossy??
I just cannot decide .....

I wear the black matte more because they are the classic tall style - actually, they are the Hunter Kids tall classics in black. I wear a 7.5/8 shoe usually, and the Kids' size 6 fits with room to spare. I'm petite (5'2"), so the shaft height of the kids tall rain boots are just right for me.

I wear the glossy black less because they are actually short and a wedge style. So on real wet days with puddles, the shorter wedge style won't keep my pants as dry.

I would probably recommend going with the glossy color if I had to pick just one.

liz
02-23-2013, 01:23 AM
I have matte ones. To get rid of the "bloom" you can rub olive oil on them. Voila!

aha! I knew it wasn't that hard- thanks for posting, maybe I'll try it soon :)