PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever wish you had a video camera everywhere??

BabbyO
02-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Almost like one of those reality shows?? I have a terrible memory. I always have. I don't take great (or even decent) pictures and taking pictures means that I'm missing the fun for me. When I get the video camera out...whatever I wanted to capture is no longer happening. It is SO frustrating. DH is a great writer and sometimes really vividly captures things that our kids do...and our old sitter was AWESOME at capturing the little things so I have decent records from Stachio. But with Peanut....there just is no where near a much and I know I'm going to forget much of it. It makes me sad...esp since I work and miss a lot anyway.

Anyway...this wasn't meant to be a sad post....just reflectively thinking about how sometimes it would be nice to have a camera on my shoulder to capture all the little things.

In a rare moment I think I did a decent job of capturing the view from my windshield as I backed out of the driveway this morning.
"I never particularly enjoy going to work in the morning...the hour drive...missing my kiddos, but this morning I got such joy as I backed out of the driveway. There were two tiny heads just clearing the window sill clad in matching red footie pj's looking out the window. The taller one with his super cool, spicy hair was waving and blowing kisses. The smaller one was on his stool and I could see his sweet cherubic face as he showed off his new found mad "bye bye" waving skills. I could almost hear the "ba ba mama!" Two amazing blessings!"

I really need to get more of these things down on paper!

indigo99
02-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Not completely the same, but I am addicted to DVR now, and I find myself wanting to rewind real-life all the time. When I miss something that was said or see something really cute or funny then I'll have an instant urge to rewind before realizing that it just isn't possible.

Pennylane
02-22-2013, 08:21 PM
I was just watching old videos of my children and wishing I would have captured more moments! I was great with my first, not as much with the twins though. I do take tons of photos , but it is so much more special to hear those little voices years later.

Ann

momm
02-22-2013, 10:05 PM
You sgould check out google glass:)