PDA

View Full Version : Tablets for kids

TwoBees
02-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Other than the iPad/iPad mini, which are the best tablets for kids in terms of ease of downloading movies (for the parents) and selection of apps? I don't have Amazon Prime, so I don't know if that rules out the fire, since I can't get things for free.

cdlamis
02-22-2013, 02:53 PM
DD is the same age and we are buying her the Innotab 2 since it seems to be th only tablet under $100 that plays movies that you already own (just converted). I briefly looked into the Nabi but anything over $100 seems pricey!
With the Innotab, looks like you can buy apps for about $5-10 even though I have yet to see a list of apps.

NJ_Mom2011
02-22-2013, 03:46 PM
I bought the Nabi 2 during Walmart's last Black Friday sale. My daughter and I both love it. My husband was able to put a few of her favorite DVDs on it. Nabi doesn't make burning your own personal DVD collections a default option, but if you google the issue, you can find clear directions about how to do this.

You can also get apps through Amazon and Android Marketplace (again by following instructions that are easy to find with a google search).