PDA

View Full Version : Quote that moved me

lmintzer
02-22-2013, 05:56 PM
This quote is from Kelle Hampton's blog ("Enjoying the Small Stuff"). It is part of the birth story of her 3rd child (and first boy). I thought it was both very beautiful and powerful statement.

"You know, we've come a long way as women. Our culture recognizes and celebrates our accomplishments, talents and unique gifts far more than it did fifty years ago. Much good has come from voices for feminism. And today, we talk a lot about recognizing and valuing our identity outside of motherhood. I know that's important. I have no doubt that if I didn't have children, I would have found fulfilment and happiness in other things and I wouldn't have been any less of a woman or lover or nurturer as I am today as the mother of three.

But I can also say that I am an independent woman who is completely and utterly in love with motherhood--so much that yes, my identity is and forever will be intertwined with this gift--being their mother."
-Kelle Hampton

lexie's mom
02-22-2013, 10:06 PM
The quote is very well stated and one that I can relate to my life. I love when you come across an inspirational quote that says with you...thanks for sharing!