PDA

View Full Version : Lost child ID

PunkyBoo
02-23-2013, 08:27 PM
We're going to Disneyland next week for one day and Boo is a wanderer. I had planned to get either temporary tatoos or something made for Boo that has my or DHs cell phone number on it in case he gets lost. But I got busy and forgot and now its too late to order something custom like that. I probably could make a little bead bracelet for him with number beads spelling out my cell number but I would worry about it annoying him and either breaking or him not wanting it on since he's not used to wearing anything like that. What else can I do to "label" him?

hillview
02-23-2013, 08:31 PM
perm marker on child's arm. I've done this. :bag

ETA: last i was in disneyland they had name tags you could put on your child. Put it on their backs. If you are most concerned about them getting lost. We used them there when the boys were young.

sariana
02-23-2013, 09:01 PM
I often see groups at DL all dressed in the same T-shirt (usually a bright color that stands out). Could you do something like that? If you all have on bright orange or yellow or something equally distinctive, anyone who saw him would know immediately he belonged with you.

The permanent marker idea would work, too.

Also take his picture with your cell phone that morning so that if he does get lost, you can show his picture to the cast members so they can look for him.

ahisma
02-23-2013, 09:03 PM
I write our name and cell phone numbers on their bellies with sharpie. They're both old enough to show someone, and definitely would. DS1 knows our numbers, but I worry that he'd forget them (especially the different area codes) under stress.

hellokitty
02-23-2013, 09:18 PM
I have had them wear a lanyard (it is fun with pins, so they want to keep wearing it), with our info on it on the tag at the end. I saw one little boy at jedi training whose parents made a dog tag from him, like the ones you can make at petsmart on those machines for $6 and get right away and had pinned it on his back, kind of behind his shoulder. I thought that was a very smart idea.

Mikey0709
02-23-2013, 09:19 PM
My son wasn't too much of a wanderer, but had a problem communicating. I wasn't too sure he would be able to say his name if someone asked, or if someone could understand him.

We had made the smallest "pet" tag at the pet store! They had our last name on them and ICE (in case of emergency) and my cell phone. Most pet stores have the machine you make them immediately for a few bucks....and they come with an o-ring which we attached the tag to the back loop on his Keens! Worked perfect for years! We taught him to point to his shoe if he needed to. Almost all shoes had a place to attach it to, and it was easy to see and lightweight enough it never bothered him.

I would recommend these if u have time to make one!

PunkyBoo
02-23-2013, 09:33 PM
My son wasn't too much of a wanderer, but had a problem communicating. I wasn't too sure he would be able to say his name if someone asked, or if someone could understand him.

We had made the smallest "pet" tag at the pet store! They had our last name on them and ICE (in case of emergency) and my cell phone. Most pet stores have the machine you make them immediately for a few bucks....and they come with an o-ring which we attached the tag to the back loop on his Keens! Worked perfect for years! We taught him to point to his shoe if he needed to. Almost all shoes had a place to attach it to, and it was easy to see and lightweight enough it never bothered him.

BRILLIANT! I might be able to get over to Petco before we go. I love that we'd be able yo use it again. Thanks!

jgenie
02-23-2013, 09:57 PM

I did this for our Disney trip earlier this month. It was $11 and took 3 minutes to make. I bought the tags that could be engraved on both sides.

Side 1: If Lost
Please Call

Side 2: Mom Cell
Dad Cell

We used those small ball chains (http://www.amazon.com/Small-Sterling-Silver-length-Children/dp/B007SH15IY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361670975&sr=8-1&keywords=small+ball+chain) and attached it to DC belt loop. They knew that if they got lost they were supposed to show that to a Cast Member or a mom with a stroller.