PDA

View Full Version : My life does NOT suck. Add on your own.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
02-24-2013, 01:06 AM
After watching several friends go through very trying times over the past few months i am reminded to be very grateful of the things I have.

1.My husband is employeed.
2.Our home has heat.
3. We have all the food we need.
4.We have health insurance.
5.None of my children have major genetic abnormalities.
6.None of my children have been bitten by dogs and required facial stitches.
7. My husband values me.
8. My children are (i think) decent people who hopefully won't turn into the
sassy spawn of the underworld as teens.

I'm sorry for what our friends have had to deal with lately. But wow-nothing like seeing people you care for struggle and knowing you can't help to make you appreciate what you have.

Anyone else care to add on?

StantonHyde
02-24-2013, 01:12 AM
my kids are not yet old enough to be DRIVING!!

DH gets how awful my dad is to me

I have a wonderful PT professional job where I am valued and I have awesome flexibility

I have my health--I swam a mile in 38 mins last week!!!

I am old enough to have escaped the stupid decisions of my youth :tongue5:

Oh, there really is so much to be grateful for--DS's dyslexia responds to intervention for one!!

wifecat
02-24-2013, 01:50 AM
Good idea. I need to practice being grateful.

I woke up this morning, and so did everyone I love
Dh is employed
We have health insurance
We love our house and can afford the mortgage
We live in an area of the country we love
I'm at a healthy weight
Lots of doors have opened up for me due to running
None of us is facing serious health issues
I have two flexible, part-time jobs with awesome benefits
Snow is falling
We have the flexibility for me to be at home/homeschool the kids
Our kids are still young enough to want to cuddle with mama

Clarity
02-24-2013, 02:21 AM
My kids are healthy.
Our positive behavior plan is really working and I feel much closer to my dd1 because of it.
My husband is so incredibly helpful and is managing much of the housework right now.
I'm more than halfway through an excelerated master's degree program. :boogie: (that's enough, I have to go do more homework!)

MamaMolly
02-24-2013, 09:17 AM
My Dolly is self motivated to potty train. As of yesterday. But I'll take it!

DH helps me laugh when my family drives me nuts.

I finally found an acceptable (to me) pair of black ballet flats. Yay for Payless!

Lula only has peanut allergies.

The chore chart I made for the girls is helping them to take more responsibility around the house, which has lightened the pressure on me and improved my attitude immensely.

Lula's BFF's mom talked to me about a parenting issue, she was needing some support. I was so touched that she valued my opinion and felt comfortable approaching me.

We will be moving back to the US in the fall. I am grateful to be heading home!

Our dog is so sweet and affectionate. He couldn't possibly be a better pet for us.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-24-2013, 10:04 AM
LOVE this thread!!!

My kids are healthy (relatively speaking..snotty nose/daycare drip excepted, lol).

DH is immensely helpful around the house, and has taken up a huge portion of the cleaning/cooking duties, especially now that i'm working too.

BOth kids have two sets of grandparents that adore them and spoil them every chance they get

Yesterday my 23 month old DD spontaneously took off her pants, took off her diaper and then sat on a Bjorn potty when we brought it to her, and peed on the potty!! Then 5 mins later she did it again. Which motivated her older brother (still not PT'ed) to do the same. I think DD will be teaching DS to PT, and maybe, just maybe one of these days I will buy a case of diapers and it will be my last one. :)

Melaine
02-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Great thread. I spend to much time in the BP and not enough time being thankful.

God is good...ALL THE TIME. Where would I be without Him?

My family and DH's family are both supportive and loving. We are all poor, but dang it, we are nice to each other!

DH is a kind, loving and faithful husband and father. We are both really stressed, but he loves me and I love him. I'm thankful that our commitment is strong and we are prepared to fight to keep our relationship strong during the ups and downs. We are a few months away from our 10th anniversary and I love him so much!

My kids are sweet and happy. The girls are so cheerful and thankful. They gush over my mediocre cooking and eat it enthusiastically. They get excited about the tiniest things. (We get to go to the PARK!?!?!) They take every chance they get to love on their baby brother. They try to help all they can. DS is such a precious blessing. Oh how I love that baby! He tries my patience every day with his inability to be put down or sleep independently or sit still for a diaper change or ride in the car without screaming, but I can't imagine my world without all three of my kiddos!

Our homeschool group is unbelievable. I'm beyond grateful that we got involved this year. It has taken a huge load of stress off of me. I'm so grateful that I'm able to work for the group, which allows us to earn tuition discounts.

DH's job is generally stable. That's all I can say right now....but at least it is stable!

I'm skinny!!! It is mostly due to months of miserable deprivation for DS's MSPI, but I'm skinny!

I have some really great friends. I may rarely have time to see them right now, but they are there for me when I need them and we have a great time when we do get together! There is no drama, just commiseration and advice and good times.

Our house is still standing. It's great for shelter and it is comfortable. We have the basics covered.

I have a great online community that helps me to stay sane during the craziness that is my life!

My life does NOT suck!!!!

KpbS
02-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Timely thread!!

DH has a job and even though the last 2 months have been super-stressful due to past problems with a deceitful employee--DH's job will go on and everything will be fine eventually.

My mom has recently been diagnosed with cancer. It is serious but I am hoping and praying she can beat the odds and so thankful that my kids have been able to have her close for these years. They really know her and love her and she loves them.

Also I am really thankful for my brother and sister and DH. I may few friends in this stage of life but I can really count on my family to be there for me.

And I am soooo thankful for the kids school! It has been a huge blessing for us and a wonderful community to be involved in.

dcmom2b3
02-24-2013, 01:48 PM
My kid and I are healthy.

There's always food in the fridge if not always money in the bank.

There's a healthy chunk of equity in the house, if worse comes to worse.

I have people in my life who inspire me -- eg a friend's boyfriend, an exquistly handsome, smart, and funny print and runway model who was involved in an awful, awful car wreck. Flames. Burn unit and hospital for months. Lost several fingers, lost his hair and has significant facial scarring. Every day he gets up, dresses to the nines, draws on his missing eyebrow and steps out proud and fierce to welcome the day. Needless to say he's still funny, smart and multi-lingual. But his inner beauty shines so bright, it makes him smokin' hot to boot. His story changed my view about adversity, beauty, and grace. And that was a gift.

karstmama
02-24-2013, 04:21 PM
my dbf is occasionally annoying, but i'm so so lucky to have him in my life, and to have found *him* from all the other people - he's not perfect, but he's perfect for me.

my cats are loving and want to cuddle.

my son is healing from his major major surgery. no more bloody poops, much less frequent poops, and very likely that the colitis was from the small intestine inflammation and so will heal & not come back - yay! he's laughing again, he's making jokes again, he's eating like triplet teenagers. i'm so thankful.

and i have a new, full-time job starting the middle of next month! i haven't worked full-time in 6 years. it is back in labor & delivery, my 'home'. i'm really looking forward to both the job and the excellent salary.

thank you for starting the thread!

♥ms.pacman♥
02-24-2013, 04:30 PM
my son is healing from his major major surgery. no more bloody poops, much less frequent poops, and very likely that the colitis was from the small intestine inflammation and so will heal & not come back - yay! he's laughing again, he's making jokes again, he's eating like triplet teenagers. i'm so thankful.

that is great news! I had been wondering about your ds. So glad he is feeling better!!

chozen
02-24-2013, 05:19 PM
My kids are healthy.
Our positive behavior plan is really working and I feel much closer to my dd1 because of it.
My husband is so incredibly helpful and is managing much of the housework right now.
I'm more than halfway through an excelerated master's degree program. :boogie: (that's enough, I have to go do more homework!)

Do you think you could share alittle bit about your positive behavior plan?

trales
02-24-2013, 06:27 PM
I was able to solder the wires back into Abigail to talking stuffed animal that goes with those hallmark books that my grandmother gave DD. She was broken, but I took her apart and with tweezers, finger nails scissors and a solder gun I put her back together again.

That gave me :bowdown: status for all of 20 minutes.

I will take what I can get.

hellokitty
02-24-2013, 06:32 PM
My dh has been wonderful during my recent sickness with a stomach flu. He basically took over and did most of the household and parenting tasks for the past two days so I could try to get some rest.

ourbabygirl
02-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Spring is coming, and my birthday later this week... not that I love getting older, but I'm so blessed to be where I am at this point in my life!

We're finally making it a reality to sell our house and move closer to my parents. DH is so sweet to be wiling to do this, even though we're losing a ton of money on our house... I'm glad we can "start over" in a new place that will hopefully feel more like home.

My family and I have good health, and we just celebrated my MIL's birthday... she has numerous health problems and was very close to dying last month, but she's made a miraculous recovery, and I'm glad she's doing so well.

My parents will be getting a new (possibly last) grand baby this spring, so it will be fun to enjoy a new little one and then hand him/ her back to the parents... so glad I'm not pregnant right now! :loveeyes:

My kids and husband are so sweet and make me laugh every day. I'm so blessed to be able to be home with them...

karstmama
02-24-2013, 09:22 PM
(thanks, ms pacman! he's really doing great. i just took off his last few steristrips. :) )

maestramommy
02-24-2013, 10:14 PM
This morning the kids came running into our room as soon as their alarm went off, yelling, "time to get up!" Laurel started jumping on the bed shrieking, "Mommy Daddy time to get up!" after we shooed them out Dh said, " we're really lucky. Really we are. They're healthy and happy. And that was classic."

The worst thing bugging me today is that I'm about to pitch my ipod because I'm tired of it not playing nice with my non apple products.

So yes, my life is good.

lalasmama
02-25-2013, 02:02 AM
Great thread!

I've had a major case of sour grapes over the past few days--why does SO have to have a bum knee that makes touring Disneyland slower? Why does DD's ADHD make her dance on my toes--and only my toes--in lines? Why can't I just enjoy the flight on the plane? I hate popping pills (that is, my Vitamin D caps, because I'm so flipping deficient). I hate dealing with food allergies when on vacation... and I could go on. It's been like 3 weeks of PMS'ing! So, I could really take a moment to start counting my blessings...

(1) I have an SO (4 months until he's DH) that makes parenting so much easier. He never hesitates to take her hand or distract her with something else when I'm getting frustrated.

(2) FIL simply glows when he sees DD. He's at the nursing home now, and when we go to visit him, she stands/sits at the edge of the bed. He catnaps, opens his eyes, looks at her, smiles the most serene smile, and goes back to sleep. We were there today, and he got upset when he couldn't see her (she was behind SO).

(3) The substances that DD was potentially exposed to in utero didn't affect her nearly as much as most kids with similar exposure. "Only" ADHD and dyspraxia are blessing.

(4) I have a job that allows me to play with kids, have heart-to-heart talks with teenagers, educate families, and help new parents gain some skills (breastfeeding, soothing, etc). I'm seriously lucky to have a line of work I love. Oh yeah, and I'm going back to school to be a midwife, because my SO says its my turn to get a Masters degree. How can I argue with that?!?

(5) I have a FULL (tiny) duplex that I need to get packed. But, I have things to pack. And I'll be moving into a house twice the size of my current place while our new house is being built.

(6) SO had a look of absolute joy on his face a few weeks ago. He starts giggling, hugging me, laughing, and says, "Did you EVER think WE would be living in a house so big, with cars so nice?" He's right--the new house will be double the size of my home growing up, and our cars are newer than any car my family had!

(7) I was PMS'ing bad this week. But, if I'm going to feel lousy, cramping, cranky... hey, I was still at Disneyland! Somehow, a ride through Pirates of the Caribbean helps cramps. (Definitely helps more than what SO's "cure" for my cramps is! ;) )

(8) My future MIL is an odd one. But, she's good people...

(9) My future SIL got DD one of those blasted Dreamlites. (Is that what they are called? A light-up Pillow Pet). DD had been a champion sleep-refuser. All the sudden, she's in bed at her bed time, and I don't hear her until morning. I owe SIL something major... I'm not sure diamonds would be adequate thanks for getting my DD to stop fighting sleep.) SIL appears to be the Queen of buying As Seen on TV things, and it's her presents that DD is always clamoring to open first!

(10) Looking around, I see a heck of a messy house to clean up. But, ya know what? It's 3 suitcases full of dirty clothes from a trip. It's bags of Mickey ears and trading pins. It's costumes. It's a visual confirmation that we have had a heck of a week.

(11) I lost my mom 6 years ago this month. But, I still get to see her every day--in DD's flat booty that can't hold pants up; in DD's baby fine hair; in my over-involved MIL; in memories that people never seem to stop sharing with me. I'm lucky that she left such a legacy--so far beyond how long a little money would have lasted!

swissair81
02-26-2013, 03:32 PM
OOh is this ever timely! Some of these might be a stretch, because I am quite down in the dumps today. Being grateful is good, so here goes...

We are back in our house.

My children are wonderful and healthy.

My mother is cancer free.

I can breastfeed.

We have food and cute clothes (at least the kids do).

I have a car and get get out of the house as needed.

My bed is really comfortable.

My husband is really good with the kids and this is really helpful.

3blackcats
02-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Healthy children; sisters that will drop everything to help me; socialized medicine so my girls and I are taken care of - I don't have to work for healthcare. I can take a higher rate of pay with fewer hours and not have to worry about us being taken care of; a roof over me and heat around me; my job - students drive you crazy but still a good place to work

BayGirl2
02-26-2013, 05:00 PM
I've been meaning to post and need to take a minute to do so because I'm having a very fortunate life.

- I have two healthy, happy, typically developing children that think the world of me. I can't be thankful enough for them and I forget that all the time. They are typical enough to already be fighting like cats and dogs, meaning they'll be close growing up
-I have a DH who does well more than his share of running this household and raising the kids and never complains. Seriously, I had the foresight to marry well, for the reasons that really matter.
-I have reached level of respect and expertise in my career that was once a stretch goal.
- I have a huge amount of control and flexibility in my life that is allowing me to "have it all" in the way I want - meaning help with the difficult parts of child rearing, career opportunities, and a touch of leisure time
-Although my parents divorced last year they are both healthy and getting happier. I am able to afford time and trips so they can spend time with their grandkids, and they are both willing and appreciative grandparents
-We like DH's siblings and have them all nearby. Our kids will know their cousins
-We've had the cash flow and discount opportunities to fund some great vacations
-I'm able to live a lifestyle that supports my values in a lot of ways that many people can't
- I have the opportunity to consider having a 3rd baby - many people don't even get one and I could have 3

I'm at a point where I need to re-write my personal goals because I've reached them.