PDA

View Full Version : would you let your infant sleep in this?

echoesofspring
02-24-2013, 05:17 PM
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Price-Newborn-to-Toddler-Portable-Rocker/12338148

We have one of these, and I'm afraid that DD (8 weeks) has been doing a lot of sleeping in it the past week. It started when she was congested and she seems so much happier there than in her crib. Does it seem safe enough/reclined enough for night time sleeping? Would a Rock'n play be a better option?

Count me amongst those at their wits end, during the day we have 45 minute naps and then by 5:30 total meltdown/over tired situation that lasts until 9, brakes out of her swaddle, etc. She'll sleep for hours in the rocker, but sometimes I wonder about the position of her neck.(I was the mom who bought the bassinet for the stroller rather than do the car seat adapter with DS) Last night I put her in a woombie and while she hated it she conked out pretty quickly. White noise machine is going full blast. I'm going to put a flannel sheet on her crib, and really watch how long she's up before she goes back down, but I was also thinking about biting the bullet on a RnP and wondered how different it was from what we had. TIA, as always...

AngB
02-25-2013, 12:25 AM
We have both. RNP is more inclined and higher up, I think it's good to have both b/c their head can be positioned differently between the two. I like the RNP for being higher off the floor from DS1 and our dogs, too. Our 4 mo. old has never slept in the chair thing and he wakes up if we try to set him in it. He does sleep in the RNP pretty well.

AngelaS
02-25-2013, 10:00 AM
My youngest slept in something similiar for months due to colic and reflux.

BDKmom
02-25-2013, 10:36 AM
My oldest did almost all of his daytime sleep in that or a swing until he was about 4 months old. He was a good crib sleeper, so can't say anything WRT night time sleep. Although, at 8 weeks, I usually say whatever works.