PDA

View Full Version : How do you organize your "Holiday" items?

PMJ
02-24-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm probably over thinking this, but how do you organize the following items?:

1) Valentine's / Easter / Halloween etc. - stuffed toys, specific toys related to the holiday (legos etc), books, puzzles

I have several boxes just for Xmas stuff and another box for Holiday stuff - but right now this box only has hand towels, few kitchen items. Would it make sense to expand the holiday box and add the items from above?

:) thanks

DualvansMommy
02-24-2013, 08:37 PM
I have several bin containers to keep all of my holiday items. The Xmas/new years collection is my biggest one with several large containers stored up in my walk up attic.

When we moved into our bigger home from condo 6 years ago, I just kept all the other holidays like valentine, Easter, st Patrick, July 4th and Halloween in one large container. However, in the 6 years of lving here, I've added more holiday items to each holiday. Now my Easter collection fits in one medium container, st Patrick (the largest holiday I celebrate after Xmas) stuff is stored in one large container, Halloween in 2 large containers. The rest assorted holidays is still in one medium bin. I label each bin holiday event and put them up in my attic with my Xmas boxes.

PMJ
02-24-2013, 08:45 PM
I have several bin containers to keep all of my holiday items. The Xmas/new years collection is my biggest one with several large containers stored up in my walk up attic.

What kind of bins do you use?

SnuggleBuggles
02-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Each holiday has a box (or more).

karstmama
02-24-2013, 09:34 PM
another 'each holiday has a bin' vote.

DualvansMommy
02-24-2013, 09:52 PM
I use the big Tupperware bins from Target. Red for Xmas with label, green for st Patrick day, orange for Halloween and so on. Easter is the violet or lavender shade. It helps when DH goes up to the attic, he knows which bin to pull out as opposed to looking at labels lol

wendibird22
02-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Each holiday or maybe 2 holidays have a large rubbermaid bin. The holiday(s) are labeled on the outside. I put decorations, kitchen items, kids clothes (so that I remember to pass down the Vday shirt of DD1 to DD2), sale items for next year's classroom party (we buy vday cards, holiday plates/napkins, etc on clearance and store for the next year), and the like in there. Works great.

abh5e8
02-25-2013, 11:37 AM
yup...i put everything for a given holiday together. decor, books, toys, paper supplies. although i don't include the dc's clothes. i use the big, 18 gal plastic totes and keep them in my unfinished basement.

PMJ
02-25-2013, 02:40 PM
yup...i put everything for a given holiday together. decor, books, toys, paper supplies. although i don't include the dc's clothes. i use the big, 18 gal plastic totes and keep them in my unfinished basement.

Ooh, very smart... Never would have thought of paper supplies !