PDA

View Full Version : Quick: Would you let a 7 month old baby sleep in the stroller overnight?

edurnemk
02-25-2013, 02:47 AM
Specifically in the Vista seat? DD has an awful cold, she's really congested so I need her to sleep semi-upright (we've gotten very little sleep the last couple of nights). Other solutions have not worked as well, she took a nap in it in the middle recline and then I put her in at bedtime after nursing to sleep and she slept for 4 hours straight and her breathing seemed much easier, she hardly coughed (I put the Snuzzler in it so her head wouldn't flop to the side, and buckled her). She woke up to nurse, I changed her diaper and I'm debating wether to put her down in the crib or the stroller. It's parked right next to my bed and I'm a light sleeper if that matters.

jbbhb
02-25-2013, 04:03 AM
In the situation you described, yes, absolutely. Good luck!

sunshine873
02-25-2013, 07:09 AM
I know it's too late now, but just wanted to second that I wouldn't hesitate. Every day? No way. But for a few days to help her breathe enough to sleep while she's sick? Absolutely. It's just a day or two and if you found a way for her to get some rest, I would definitely jump on it.

I hope everyone got some sleep last night!

edurnemk
02-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks guys, I did let her sleep in it, and we both got a lot more rest than the previous nights :D

sewarsh
02-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Yes! If it helps everyone, then Yes! Why not?

jenstring95
02-25-2013, 06:08 PM
I had my DD sleep in the swing a couple nights when she was a newborn for the same reason - to keep her head elevated because of congestion. The swing wasn't even moving. Sometimes the "wrong" thing just makes sense. I'm glad it worked out for you!

okinawama
02-25-2013, 11:18 PM
Absolutely! When my kids are sick, we do things we wouldn't normally do, all in the name of sleep! I'm glad that you and your LO were ae to get some rest!

edurnemk
02-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Thanks, I put her in the Vista again tonight, and she's sleeping really well. On the previous nights she'd literally wake up every 10 minutes for the first 2-4 hours of the night, and then woke up multiple times during the rest of the night. Last night she slept from 6:30 to 10:30 without a peep, and then again after nursing and she made it to almost 4 am, nursed again and slept until 7:30 am - HUGE improvement from the previous 2 nights.

I just really hope we get over the constant sickness! My poor baby girl has been sick on and off, since the end of December.