PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone chime in on a MZ Wallace handbag?

sewarsh
02-25-2013, 10:23 AM
So, I REALLY need a new zipper tote.
My 13-month-old Tory Burch zip tote shoulder strap broke 2 weeks ago (POS!!!)
Since then i've been using a regular snap tote.
However about 1 week ago, my wallet went missing for 2 days - it fell out of my bag while laying on a bench at a restaurant.
Needless to say, I need a ZIPPER!

I need the tote part because I don't carry a diaper bag anymore but have baby stuff.
I love the MZ Wallace bags, but we're talking about $400 after tax for a vinyl bag. The reviews are amazing but it just seems like so much money to me for a non-leather bag. Reviews say the quality is great, hardware and straps excellent, etc.

So are they worth it!??!

squimp
02-25-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't know but a friend of mine has one and I just love them. It is so cute and seems to have held up well because she has been carrying it for a few years. I have a hard time paying so much for a non leather bag but they really are so cute!

wendibird22
02-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Can't comment on MZ Wallace but I did want to share that Coach Outlet has 50% of bags right now. I got this zip top tote this weekend for $120: http://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-Green-Gallery-Leather-Handbag-F19456-New-Tags-Retail-378-/261174833604?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3 D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D5846953071723647188%26pid%3 D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D261174833604% 26

Great feel on and very nice leather.

Kindra178
02-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Obsessed with MZ Wallace. I have the brown Jane for work and the black Kate as my kids everyday bag. I use the zippered pouch as my wallet (love how it attaches) and now I just switch it to whatever bag I am carrying. I love the Belle and will probably get that for the summer in one of the blues - probably Indigo. They had a ton on sale last month. It's too bad they pulled all those from their website. It might be worth a call to see when the next sale will be. The green, gray and plum from last season were awesome colors.

Beth24
02-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Obsessed with MZ Wallace. I have the brown Jane for work and the black Kate as my kids everyday bag. I use the zippered pouch as my wallet (love how it attaches) and now I just switch it to whatever bag I am carrying. I love the Belle and will probably get that for the summer in one of the blues - probably Indigo. They had a ton on sale last month. It's too bad they pulled all those from their website. It might be worth a call to see when the next sale will be. The green, gray and plum from last season were awesome colors.

How do you find out about the sales?

Kindra178
02-25-2013, 04:44 PM
I just happened upon a sale section on their website. That sale section is no longer there. I have heard that if you call the individual stores you may learn about sales and discounted products at the stores. They can ship something directly to you. I didn't get either of my bags on sale (one at Nordstrom with a gc and one from them directly).

Although it seems crazy to pay that much for a non leather bag, it is actually better that the bag is not leather because it is so much lighter. I just can't explain how awesome/useful these bags are.

sewarsh
02-25-2013, 06:22 PM
I just happened upon a sale section on their website. That sale section is no longer there. I have heard that if you call the individual stores you may learn about sales and discounted products at the stores. They can ship something directly to you. I didn't get either of my bags on sale (one at Nordstrom with a gc and one from them directly).

Although it seems crazy to pay that much for a non leather bag, it is actually better that the bag is not leather because it is so much lighter. I just can't explain how awesome/useful these bags are.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!
I called the customer # online and they took my info and sent it to a sales rep in one of the stores. The sales rep emailed me right away and within 2 hours I purchased my very first MZW! I got Jane, just the bag I wanted, in Forest Green. It was on sale for $213!! (originally $355) Much better! Clearly its a winter color, but hopefully it will be fine for Summer as well.

FWIW I asked the online rep and she said they have sales 2x a year. Typically around Winter (just happened) and mid-Summer.

Kudos to M Z Wallace customer service. I wasn't sure I'd ever hear from anyone let alone that fast. My bag is shipping today! So excited!!

:cheerleader1:

Kindra178
02-25-2013, 06:56 PM
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!
I called the customer # online and they took my info and sent it to a sales rep in one of the stores. The sales rep emailed me right away and within 2 hours I purchased my very first MZW! I got Jane, just the bag I wanted, in Forest Green. It was on sale for $213!! (originally $355) Much better! Clearly its a winter color, but hopefully it will be fine for Summer as well.

FWIW I asked the online rep and she said they have sales 2x a year. Typically around Winter (just happened) and mid-Summer.

Kudos to M Z Wallace customer service. I wasn't sure I'd ever hear from anyone let alone that fast. My bag is shipping today! So excited!!

:cheerleader1:

Awesome. You going to love, love, love it. It will be super useful.

NewMom2007
02-25-2013, 09:08 PM
You will not be disappointed. I love my MZ Wallace bags - super lightweight and so easy to clean the outside. I have leather bags which have seen no light of day since I started carrying MZW.

Big sales happen twice a year and seasonal colors go on sale throughout the year once the season has passed. Get on the mailing list and like the FB page- they are very good about giving subscribers first access.

They are more interesting looking, IMO, than many other bags out there - a bit more unique than bags anyone can buy in the mall. I get lots of compliments on mine.

Beth24
02-25-2013, 10:14 PM

Thanks Kindra. Glad to hear it already worked. I love lightweight bags and need one for an upcoming trip. I will call CS tomorrow. :)

Congrats on your deal Sewarsh. I'm excited for you!

willow33
02-26-2013, 04:14 PM
I've been lusting after these bags for the past few months. I'm loving the new green color!

kwc
02-26-2013, 04:43 PM
You will be so happy with it!
I love my navy bianca bag... lightweight but can hold a lot, and can be worn over the shoulder, on the arm or as a cross body bag. I use it a TON more than the Kate Space and Coach leather bags I have. I loved it so much I asked for a metro tote for Christmas (which is a tote but less of an everyday purse). Quality is very high!