PDA

View Full Version : Breast feeding and food cravings

blue
02-25-2013, 06:24 PM
I have been having huge craving for certain foods while breast feeding DS2. Mostly beef jerky and peanuts of all things. I did not know I would get cravings like this, so it sort of surpised me. Anyone else want certain foods while BF? If so what foods?

BunnyBee
02-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Sure it's not pregnancy cravings? :tongue5:

I craved fruit salad and ice cold water right after my kids were born. And Cheez-Its.

teresah00
02-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Chocolate w nuts When I take a vitamin or drink calm they go away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joules
02-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Brownies. Like 2 batches a week. And that took so much willpower to not eat more.

swissair81
02-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Everything. I can't lose any weight. I'm so annoyed (but I would be more annoyed to have to stop nursing, so I deal with having an awful figure and no clothes for the moment).

blue
02-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Glad to hear I am not the only one who gets cravings while breast feeding. I have also just been soooo hungry lately, I wasn't nearly this hungry even when I was pregnant (defiantly not loosing any weight either, but that will just have to wait till I am done BFing I guess).

MamaInMarch
02-26-2013, 10:43 PM
For several months postpartum I am a Hoover, food and liquids. Then it calms down some but ramps up again during growth spurts. I have also been super hungry lately while DD is existing on milk during her stomach bug.

I honestly am so hungry that I crave everything! I see a commercial and want it, watch Food Network in misery. But my biggest vices are Thai food and Indian food. I could easily rotate between the two for every meal.