PDA

View Full Version : How early did you "show" with 2nd or subsequent pregnancy ?

babyfiorina1
02-25-2013, 11:39 PM
So, I'm 7 weeks pregnant with our 2nd and I just getting a little freaked out that my belly started to bulge a bit, though still somehow fit in my regular pants, but they do feel snug now around the waist. I didn't really show with 1st pregnancy until around 5 months. I heard about how belly would "show" faster with subsequent pregnancy, but really.. that fast ?

wellyes
02-25-2013, 11:42 PM
That's how it was with me. I didn't show until very late with my 1st, but I was visibly pregnant by 8 weeks with my 2nd.

specialp
02-25-2013, 11:45 PM
I started showing much sooner at 11 weeks.

TxCat
02-25-2013, 11:59 PM
So, I'm 7 weeks pregnant with our 2nd and I just getting a little freaked out that my belly started to bulge a bit, though still somehow fit in my regular pants, but they do feel snug now around the waist. I didn't really show with 1st pregnancy until around 5 months. I heard about how belly would "show" faster with subsequent pregnancy, but really.. that fast ?

Yup. I wasn't in maternity clothes with the first until maybe 18-19 weeks. For this one, the Bella Bands came out around 8 weeks and I had to buy a new pair of maternity jeans around 10 weeks. Super shocking and not in a good way. The good news is I feel like it's starting to slow down a little bit now at 15 weeks - like I'm around the size I was the first time, or just slightly bigger. But the early weeks, I definitely got "big" very quickly.

georgiegirl
02-26-2013, 09:11 AM
At 7 weeks, it is just bloat. I was really bloated this time around and by the end of the day, I feel like I started looking pregnant by 10 weeks.

I definitely showed earlier the second time, and now the third time. Now I'm 15 weeks, and I feel like I'm definitely showing. I can hide it with baggy clothing, but if I wear anything fitted, I definitely have a bump going on. I need to buy a Bella band.

ECUPirateMom
02-26-2013, 10:08 AM
This is my 3rd pregnancy and just this week (10weeks) have had to bust out some maternity jeans :rolleye0014: I am definitely popping out bigger and faster than ever before YIKES!! On the plus side, maternity clothes are so much more comfortable right now and I'm getting away with just wearing maternity jeans with my pre-pregnancy shirts and sweaters (with a bella band)! I'm glad I'm not alone :) Now if the morning/24/7 sickness would just go away I might get around to feeling like myself again!

babyfiorina1
02-26-2013, 11:56 AM
At 7 weeks, it is just bloat. I was really bloated this time around and by the end of the day, I feel like I started looking pregnant by 10 weeks.

:yeahthat: I am feeling bloated too, especially towards the end of day and can't stop "burping" for some reasons. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone too and pretty soon I may need to get that Bella band out

oceana
03-07-2013, 10:28 PM
This is my 3rd pregnancy and just this week (10weeks) have had to bust out some maternity jeans :rolleye0014: I am definitely popping out bigger and faster than ever before YIKES!! On the plus side, maternity clothes are so much more comfortable right now and I'm getting away with just wearing maternity jeans with my pre-pregnancy shirts and sweaters (with a bella band)! I'm glad I'm not alone :) Now if the morning/24/7 sickness would just go away I might get around to feeling like myself again!

Yep, same here! I guess our body just "knows more" and is ready with a bump way sooner. It's funny because I didn't gain any weight yet, but bump is there.

SnuggleBuggles
03-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Prob. 8 weeks. Congratulations!

edurnemk
03-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Surprisingly not much sooner than the first time, maybe because it had been almost 4 years? I didn't look obviously PG with either of them until late in the 2nd trimester, before that I just looked/felt bloated or fat, LOL.

With the second PG I started using the Bella Band with some of my pants at around 10-11 weeks IIRC, that, and leggings were my lifesavers until the 6th month.

GoBlue
03-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Same as everyone above.....couldn't wear regular pants by 9 weeks, and looked "more pregnant" than with DD1 up until 20 weeks, when things seemed to stabilize out.

Congrats!!!

mmommy
03-07-2013, 10:43 PM
It felt like I started showing at conception!
I went 1/2 way through my second trimester the first time before I needed new clothes. The second time I couldn't button my pants at 8 weeks.
Congrats!

Snow mom
03-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Surprisingly not much sooner than the first time, maybe because it had been almost 4 years? I didn't look obviously PG with either of them until late in the 2nd trimester, before that I just looked/felt bloated or fat, LOL.

With the second PG I started using the Bella Band with some of my pants at around 10-11 weeks IIRC, that, and leggings were my lifesavers until the 6th month.

This was true for me also. A surprising number of people didn't really know I was pregnant until 6 or 7 months. But my abs just seperated so I'm sure if I had another I'd probably show much faster.

shawnandangel
03-11-2013, 10:18 AM
First time - 17/18 weeks I had a little bump going on
This time - 15 weeks

There was 4 years inbetween pregnancies. My starting weight was the same with both.

mommylamb
03-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Well, at 9 weeks pg with DS2 I was trying on some maternity clothes that I didn't really need yet, but a friend had let me borrow so I wanted to check them out, and DS1 came upstairs and said "mommy, do you have a baby in your belly?" and wouldn't let up. So that's how he found out. By 10-11 weeks, I was showing.

KonzaPrairie
03-11-2013, 02:55 PM
With all 3 of my pregnancies I couldn't button/zip pants starting between 5 and 6 weeks. My first pregnancy ended in m/c, but I had bought some demi-panel gap maternity jeans before we found out it wasn't viable because I couldn't fit into my regular jeans already!

I don't remember exactly when I started showing with my second pregnancy, but similarly I couldn't wear my regular pants within a few weeks of the pee test.

I'm 10 weeks with my 3rd pregnancy and am only squeezing into my regular jeans with rubber bands on the button because my maternity pants were loaned to a friend! I don't feel like I'm showing yet but I have a significant pooch.