PDA

View Full Version : $40 GC for Amazon. What to get?

wendibird22
02-26-2013, 10:06 AM
My bro and SIL gave me a $40 Amazon GC for my birthday. Awesome. Love that I can use it for just about anything vs a store GC. But, hate it because I can use it for just about anything LOL. Amazon is so vast. I'd like to put it towards something for myself, something I probably wouldn't normally spend the $ on because isn't that what birthday gifts are for?! I have a kindle and ipad so I don't need techy stuff. I just bought myself a Coach tote and wristlet so I don't need a purse. I do have a Chamilia bracelet (like Pandora) so I could add to that. I really don't want to spend too much of my own money so I'd like to keep it $50 max. Any other ideas? What would you spend $40 on?

TwoBees
02-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Right now I'd buy some ebooks or a cover for my new Kindle. What about some decorative home office supplies? Something spa-like such as fancy bath/show gel or a scrub? New shoes?

Ceepa
02-26-2013, 10:47 AM
New cookbook? I'm wanting to try some new ones.

PunkyBoo
02-26-2013, 12:48 PM
I'd put it in my account for use for kindle books. I sometimes feel like books are a luxury I shouldn't spend money on so its nice to feel like they are gifts to myself.

HonoluluMom
02-26-2013, 01:25 PM
I've wanted to try an Asian (Korean) BB cream.

Sheila
02-26-2013, 01:55 PM
I got a $50 amazon gc for Christmas and I bought a flat iron.

The one I got is the HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron Hair Straightener.

It comes up as amazon's #1 seller in flat irons there are tons of positive reviews, so I took a chance on it.

I'm glad I did! It works great. Very silky and straight results and doesn't take long.

The price does seem to fluctuate. It is $59.99 right now but was $49.99 when I got it in Jan.

wendibird22
02-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Keep the ideas coming! Books and cookbooks are a good suggestion. I have pixie short hair so no flat iron for me but you made me think about investing in a better, salon quality hair dryer (you know the quiet kind that doesn't make you search for ear plugs!).

lizzywednesday
02-26-2013, 02:29 PM
I had a $75 card as my year-end bonus.

I bought 2 new picture books for DD, the Juliette Low biography that came out last spring, the DVD of 'Iron Jawed Angels' (about the women's suffrage movement) and TCOYF before the last $17 was "drafted" into paying for S&S diapers.

I was probably going to buy most of it anyway, but I was kind of dragging my feet about it.