PDA

View Full Version : warts

Tondi G
02-26-2013, 02:11 PM
DS has a wart on his toe. We bought a wart medication recommended by the pharmacist... it was like a chapstick. Used it for 3 days at night before bed and then it magically disappeared (don't know where it would have gone but it's lost in this black hole somewhere) I need to go to the drugstore and buy another product.

My biggest problem is that DS doesn't like to wear a Band-Aid on his toe... I get it cause it really is not comfortable. What do I do?

When I went to the store to buy a wart medication I was overwhelmed by the selection ... liquid, stick, gel, pads that have the med in them.... something to Freeze it off. If you have dealt with warts before and found a particular brand/med that worked please share!

Thanks

lizzywednesday
02-26-2013, 02:35 PM
When I had a plantar wart on the bottom of my foot in college, I got prescription, heavy-duty salycic acid gel and used a Q-tip to apply it.

I didn't bother with a bandage, just had to wait for it to dry before covering the foot with a sock or blanket.

BunnyBee
02-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Dermatologist will take care of it quickly and easily. I took my son when he was 4 for one on his finger after OTC stuff failed. I wished I'd just gone straight there, and we did when another popped up.