PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, can't keep my pants up!

gcc2k
02-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Does anyone else have problems keeping maternity jeans up? The specific pair I'm wearing today has always been annoying, even with my first pregnancy. But I guess now that I'm bending over and picking up things more with a toddler, it just becomes worse. I'm 25 weeks, and am carrying high and out front. The jeans are from Motherhood Maternity (I think) and have one of the panels that pull all the way up to your chest. Khakis and black or gray/pants don't hassle me like this, so maybe it's the heavier weight of the jeans that pull them down. Any suggestions? Buying more clothes isn't really an option. Maybe I should just put this in the bitching post. :irked:

elbenn
02-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Do they make maternity suspenders? I thought I saw those advertised somewhere.

georgiegirl
02-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Do they make maternity suspenders? I thought I saw those advertised somewhere.

That's what I was thinking...lol. I wore my first pair of maternity jeans yesterday (purchased 7.5 years ago when I was pregnant with DD), and they kept falling down...not a lot, but I felt like the crotch kept getting lower and lower. I'm going to get a belly band. Right now I have on my normal jeans with a hair elastic keeping it "buttoned." But that won't last much longer.

nbarrett78
02-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Meh... if you are home, just give in to comfort and wear pj pants! That is what I do.
As to work or going in public, maternity jeans seem to have a hard time staying up on me too. I am constantly pulling up my pants. My dress pants are less often but still need regular adjustment.
I have decided that maternity pants are just crappy. Welcome to irritating clothes...
Good luck!

stinkyfeet
02-26-2013, 06:00 PM
I have the same problem with my maternity jeans (and I am late in my third trimester!). I stay at home a lot, so I just wear sweatpants and PJ pants that dont fall down. My yoga pants and leggings from Old Navy stay up and are comfortable on my belly, so I wear those a lot when I go out.

123LuckyMom
02-26-2013, 07:49 PM
You're right. It's the weight of the jeans. I wore a belly band with mine, and it helped.

BigDog
02-26-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm 26 weeks and I hate all my maternity pants! I wear pj pants around the house as much as possible. I'll come home from running errands and change into my pj pants the second I get in the door. DH always says "you're in your pajamas ALREADY??" Shut it DH!!

edurnemk
02-26-2013, 09:30 PM
That's why I used a belly band with my pants until the 7th month.

Snow mom
02-26-2013, 09:42 PM
I don't like full panel pants. I have one pair in the laundry that are going to go into the thrift pile as soon as they come out. I find I stick my belly out to try to keep them up and it ends up hurting both my belly and back.

Mommy_Mea
02-26-2013, 09:50 PM
I wore my belly band over my full panel pants to keep them up, only thing that worked!

gcc2k
02-27-2013, 03:53 PM
I guess I'll have to get my belly band back out. I thought that now I was in full-on belly panel maternity wear, I wouldn't need it, but I'll give it a try. It certainly can't get any worse! Now if I can only find where I put it...

scrooks
03-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Cords have been working better for me. Jeans have been totally ridiculous. I am debating about whether or not it would be worth it to even try to invest in a new pair. None of them have been good. Looks like until I can wear shorts it will be my trusty cords!

Mommy_Mea
03-01-2013, 07:20 PM
I guess I'll have to get my belly band back out. I thought that now I was in full-on belly panel maternity wear, I wouldn't need it, but I'll give it a try. It certainly can't get any worse! Now if I can only find where I put it...

I found it funny that I really only used the belly bands in my second and third trimesters, they never worked for me early on, for what they were designed for :-)

harrisleonard36
03-10-2013, 04:53 PM
I really hate seeing maternity dresses, it always reminds me how my wife always say. She hate wearing it.

abh5e8
03-10-2013, 06:40 PM
YES! the jeans drive me nuts. they are a little tight on my thighs, but constantly falling down my hips. and i'm 28 weeks. they are from old navy...i've wondered if they are just low quality? with with dd, i had several pair from gap that did the same thing. grrrrrr.

shawnandangel
03-11-2013, 10:15 AM
My Motherhood Maternity are the same. They fall down, the underbelly thing shows beneath the shirt you're wearing and it's just embarressing. I was going to try Gap Maternity jeans and see if they worked better but it seems like no? Also the full panel makes me queasy, I don't like the elastic on my belly. Anyone found a brand of jeans that will stay up?

Also - Maternity scrubs are the worst. I refuse to wear them. I'm buying some black pants from Gap and just sizing up my regular scrub tops.

KonzaPrairie
03-11-2013, 02:50 PM
My favorite jeans with my first pregnancy were Gap jeans. I also wore the demi panel for several months pp. I don't remember if I had any Motherhood jeans. I loaned out my clothes about six months ago and need to get them back since I can no longer keep anything buttoned or zipped!