PDA

View Full Version : Lands End Return Questions

Chag78
02-26-2013, 04:37 PM
If I ordered something online and no longer have the included label and stuff can I return with a copy of the email order confirmation?

Also, am I correct that there is no time limit on returning and that I can return to a Sears store that doesn't carry Lands End? Thanks so much for any info.

ett
02-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Yes, you can return with your email confirmation. No time limit on returning and you can return to any Sears.

logan's mom
02-26-2013, 05:21 PM
I just returned (yesterday) to a store that doesn't carry LE but I noticed my packing slip said that it should be a Sears that carries Lands End.

I looked at a packing slip from December and it says "retun to any Sears where apparel is sold" so I wonder if they are about to change.

westwoodmom04
02-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Last time I bought something from our local Lands End (about a month ago), they told me I had one year to return it.

KLD313
02-26-2013, 05:32 PM
If you have the clear bags the stuff comes in you can use them and you won't need the email.

Chag78
02-26-2013, 05:36 PM
If you have the clear bags the stuff comes in you can use them and you won't need the email.

I threw those away by accident, but thanks!

Chag78
02-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Last time I bought something from our local Lands End (about a month ago), they told me I had one year to return it.

This is confusing because I was always told there was no time limit.

echoesofspring
02-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Maybe they've changed policies due to people like me, who just 2 weeks ago returned to sears a pair of sandals bought last summer using an email instead of a packing slip. I know it's really not fair to them, and I didn't mean to wait that long, but between sears being 30 miles away and needing to print out the email it just took me a while ;)

mommylamb
02-26-2013, 06:52 PM
I returned a backpack that got a broken zipper a year and a half after purchasing it (it was barely used though) and they were wonderful about it. I had no receipt. I called and they looked up the purchase in their system. I basically gave a description of the item and approximated when I bought it. Customer service was excellent and I bought another LE backpack to replace it.

jvs195
02-26-2013, 08:34 PM
The registers at Sears need information that is not always easy to find on the packing slip. They can always call LE CS to get what they need. They need the order date (not when it shipped) and an order # (which seems to have an extension on it that does not print on the email receipt) but this is usually -01. I was not aware of a time limit and I've returned things at least a year later.

FedBaby
02-26-2013, 08:34 PM
There's a limit to how far back the Sears' system can go in looking up Lands End items. I took a bunch of stuff in this summer and a few items I had to bring home again and will have to separately mail them in because Sears can't find it in their system any more. (Not sure how long ago I bought it but DC#1 just turned 4, so it can't be older than that... :shy:)

Anyway, the Lands End people on the phone told me to mail it in. Guess I'll be paying shipping on that (unless anyone has any ideas?) which is probably fair since I waited so long to return it...

I also returned something once via mail where I did not have any receipt, but I still got money back -- no idea how they determined how much to give me back.

Mommy_Mea
02-26-2013, 08:58 PM
The registers at Sears need information that is not always easy to find on the packing slip. They can always call LE CS to get what they need. They need the order date (not when it shipped) and an order # (which seems to have an extension on it that does not print on the email receipt) but this is usually -01. I was not aware of a time limit and I've returned things at least a year later.

:yeahthat:

I ran into this when returning something my Mom gave me for Christmas, she emailed me the order number and item number, and I figured that would be enough. But it took 10 minutes and a call to LE CS to get the return done, I felt bad :(

I have had no problem returning things after a year, but I had the bag they came in...