PDA

View Full Version : Printing from a MacBook

MSWR0319
02-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Can anyone explain to me how to set my printer to print black and white from my Macbook as default? I can't find anything in the settings to do this. I did find it when printing a screen shot for example, but when I print coupons I don't want to waste the color and you don't get the pop up to change to black and white.

Globetrotter
02-26-2013, 10:58 PM
go to print

after Orientation you will see a box - mine currently says safari, so I'm guessing that indicates the program you are working on. In pages program, the box is after the number of pages and says layout. Find that box, whatever it is.

scroll down and you will see a lot of options. go to quality and media and click greyscale. I never knew that existed until now. so much for being intuitive! :shake:

SASM
02-26-2013, 11:11 PM
go to print

after Orientation you will see a box - mine currently says safari, so I'm guessing that indicates the program you are working on. In pages program, the box is after the number of pages and says layout. Find that box, whatever it is.

scroll down and you will see a lot of options. go to quality and media and click greyscale. I never knew that existed until now. so much for being intuitive! :shake:

I just have to thank you for this, too!! I had no idea that menu existed!! I have search all over this window for grayscale and economy and coldn't figure out why it wasn't an option! THANK YOU!!!

Globetrotter
02-26-2013, 11:22 PM
one more thing.. you have to go to the preset menu and SAVE AS black and white fast print (or whatever), then you can choose this option whenever you want.

gamma
02-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Thank you! So helpful! It was so hidden!

MSWR0319
02-27-2013, 02:00 PM
one more thing.. you have to go to the preset menu and SAVE AS black and white fast print (or whatever), then you can choose this option whenever you want.

Thanks! One more question. THere's no way to have the preset I just made (Black and white) be the default is there? Because if I print from coupons.com I don't get the print box which means I can't choose the preset I made. When I hit print at coupons.com it just goes straight to my printer with no more button pushing.

Globetrotter
02-27-2013, 02:08 PM
I am getting the full print options using safari.

Next to the printer box, there is a little upside down triangle. click that and it should pop up. It took me a long time to figure that one out, after I got my mac!

otherwise, try setting the presets in word or pages.