PDA

View Full Version : What to buy at Williams Sonoma $400

melrose7
02-27-2013, 02:32 PM
I just won a $400 gift card to William Sonoma and am thinking about what to buy. I never win anything so i am so excited. I know there have Vitamix's but not sure how much they are and it's a good place to get them at. But this would surely help purchase one. I like to bake often and cook homemade meals every night even though I don't really enjoy cooking meals. Any ideas?

Jen841
02-27-2013, 02:41 PM
I would splurge on good knives or pots and pans. Both are super valuable!

brittone2
02-27-2013, 02:42 PM
I would choose:
Le Creuset
Vitamix
knives
zoku if I needed something less pricey to go with something like a few knives.

eta: espresso machine? That won't buy you the best of the best, but maybe something like the Nespresso Pixie?

boolady
02-27-2013, 02:43 PM
LeCreuset 7 quart dutch oven and then put the remaining $100 or so towards knives or towards some of their beautiful table runners/placemats/cloth napkins that I would never otherwise buy.

lizzywednesday
02-27-2013, 02:45 PM
LeCreuset 7 quart dutch oven and then put the remaining $100 or so towards knives or towards some of their beautiful table runners/placemats/cloth napkins that I would never otherwise buy.

:yeahthat:

Absolutely. I love browsing there and already adore my 5QT LeCreuset, but wouldn't buy another unless I had a gift card.

TwinFoxes
02-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Breville Smart Oven. You'd have $150 left over...I'd buy an awesome knife and a Zoku. And gadgets, love gadgets!

janine
02-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Any need for new dinnerware? They have great whiteware, you could get a set.

boolady
02-27-2013, 02:51 PM
I forgot-- I also love my Emile Henry clayware baking dishes. We registered for them and got them as wedding gifts 10 years ago, and I still use them several times per week.

melrose7
02-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Love the ideas! Keep them coming!

i already have a Le Creuset Dutch oven but the Breville smart oven looks interesting.

A couple good knives would be awesome and I have wanted a grill pan for awhile.

I might just have to go and browse around instead of looking online.

I don't drink coffee so no espresso or coffee makers. Even though DH might like it.

crl
02-27-2013, 02:53 PM
Wow! :cheerleader1: that's so exciting.

I don't know what I'd get.

Maybe some specialized pans--ds has been begging for me to make crepes since a neighbor made some for him and I would like a wok. I could also use some upgrades in utensils--like a few good wooden spoons and new potholders. I would love all new dish towels to replace my old, but still functional. And we could use some new cloth napkins too.

I might buy a few gift type items for future birthday and Christmas gifts.

Catherine

cntrymoon2
02-27-2013, 03:02 PM
I love our WS Pro Vitamix- it was totally worth the extra $ to have the presets.

Also just got a Breville Smart Oven and we are really happy with that so far.

TxCat
02-27-2013, 05:47 PM
What a fun "dilemma" to have!

All Clad stainless steel cookware -received a few pieces as wedding presents and love it. Use it daily.

All Clad or Le Creuset grill pan - use mine a couple times a week

Emile Henry baking dishes -totally second this suggestion by a PP. Have 3 pieces and love it, especially for entertaining and the holidays.

Immersion blender

Kitchen Aid stand mixer

Marble rolling pin

Silicone baking mats in a variety of sizes (can use for baking and for rolling out/prepping dough)

Digital scale

Mortar and pestle

erv917
02-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Wow, I'm jealous. How awesome!

Lots of good ideas here (LOVE my Breville Convection oven and my LeCreuset dutch oven), but I also wanted to point out that Williams-Sonoma gift cards can be used at Pottery Barn and West Elm (and a few other more obscure stores too, I think). So you could also consider splurging on something like furniture or new bedding.

Enjoy your windfall! :boogie:

TwinFoxes
02-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Love the ideas! Keep them coming!

i already have a Le Creuset Dutch oven but the Breville smart oven looks interesting.

A couple good knives would be awesome and I have wanted a grill pan for awhile.

I might just have to go and browse around instead of looking online.

I don't drink coffee so no espresso or coffee makers. Even though DH might like it.

If you search "Breville" here, you'll see a few BBBers who have them, and they love them. That's how I heard about them. We bought one for MIL, and she :heartbeat: it. Now I want one!

lovin2shop
02-27-2013, 09:28 PM
I've always wanted the crock pot with the insert that can be used on the stove to brown the meat.

miki
02-27-2013, 11:47 PM
The things I have from WS that I use all the time are serrated tomato knife and santoku knife made by Wusthof and Sodastream machine. I did not get mine from WS but you can buy a really nice Zojirushi rice cooker from them. It cooks regular, brown, wild, sweet, any kind of rice perfectly. And it also has a porridge setting that you can use to make stuff like rice pudding and oatmeal.

melrose7
02-28-2013, 12:49 AM
I can't wait to go this weekend and just look around. DH thinks I should get the Vitamix because I have been talking about that (or a Blendtec) for the last year. But there are many other things I could get instead of just 1 thing.
I didn't realize the gift card could be used at other stores too.
Many possibilities.

I like having hard decisions like this to make

LizLemon
02-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Breville Smart Oven. You'd have $150 left over...I'd buy an awesome knife and a Zoku. And gadgets, love gadgets!

:yeahthat:

I was going to suggest the Breville as well. Great for baking when you don't necessarily want to turn on your whole oven. I love my Le Creuset pans and use them all the time, so I would probably suggest that if you need or are interested in those. I also like WS's Gold Touch bakewear.

blisstwins
02-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Just bought a vitamix and really like it.

Neatfreak
02-28-2013, 08:32 AM
I'll submit another vote for Emile Henry bakeware, and if you have some funds leftover, their tea towels are unbeatable.

melrose7
03-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I am headed out to the mall tomorrow and am planning on buying the Vitamix. I have been dreaming about it for a year and I am so excited to get it and only have to pay $50 plus tax. But now I am wondering, do the stores carry them? Will it be there when I go tomorrow or is this a online item only? I just don't want to make the trip out there and then be disappointed it's not in stock. I should have the store today but just thought of it now. I can only go right when they open and they are closed for the night. Anyone know?

mskitty
03-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Order it right now online. They are having free shipping today.

mskitty