PDA

View Full Version : Any deals for huluplus or Netflix?

ckso
02-27-2013, 08:06 PM
My uverse DVR just died so I lost all my recorded shows. So i need to do some catchup in shows i recorded. Are there any deals to subscribing to huluplus or Netflix? Is one better than the other?

Shows I need to get are Chuck (old I know), modern family, Cleveland, etc

Preferably want to watch these by date release order. Is that even possible if I don't know the name of the episodes?

Thanks!

khm
02-27-2013, 10:49 PM
My uverse DVR just died so I lost all my recorded shows. So i need to do some catchup in shows i recorded. Are there any deals to subscribing to huluplus or Netflix? Is one better than the other?

Shows I need to get are Chuck (old I know), modern family, Cleveland, etc

Preferably want to watch these by date release order. Is that even possible if I don't know the name of the episodes?

Thanks!

I don't know about deals, but yes, they are listed by Season X, Episode Y. Easy peasy to watch in order.

kellij
02-27-2013, 11:26 PM
I think if you google you can probably find a free month, or something like that. I got a code for 3 free months with my dvr, but it was a one-time use thing. I do not like hulu and I LOVE netflix. Hulu has some stuff that is available a little faster, so that's good, but they have commercials. Netflix is commercial-free and has tons of shows and movies.

ckso
02-28-2013, 02:01 AM
Does Netflix have a lot of the tv shows too, even prior seasons? I heard Netflix is better for movies and Hulu is better for tv shows. Is that true?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-28-2013, 02:17 AM
Do you happen to already have Amazon Prime?

ckso
02-28-2013, 03:28 AM
Do you happen to already have Amazon Prime?

Nope. I had it when they had the free student promo but not anymore.

keckert
02-28-2013, 09:17 AM
I have Netflix and I find it pretty useless for me, but awesome for the kids. You can check their website to see what shows they have. I rarely find anything I want to watch. They only have Season 1 of Downton Abbey and up to Season 4 of Breaking Bad. All the movies are older too. But for $8/mo. it's great for the kids! TONS of cartoons.

wellyes
02-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Does Netflix have a lot of the tv shows too, even prior seasons? I heard Netflix is better for movies and Hulu is better for tv shows. Is that true?

You can just go to their sites to see what they have.

Netflix has a lot of sci fi, fantasy and British titles.
Hulu has lots of contemporary tv.
Honestly I just watch hulu, don't bother with hulu plus.

Try retailmenot for coupons. There is usually 1 month free, and the services are less than $10/month after that. Cheaper than cable by a ton.

cdlamis
02-28-2013, 11:26 AM
For current season shows (a lot of network shows like ABC, etc), definitely go with Hulu/HuluPlus. Most of the current shows are available the next day after airing. We have Hulu Plus so we can stream it through Apple TV or the Roku.