PDA

View Full Version : ISO: fish recipes

njk07
02-28-2013, 01:50 PM
I try to make fish on Fridays but am running out of ideas. Would appreciate any suggestions,possibly baked? Thanks!

lizzywednesday
02-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Wegman's has a new one every week, done using a variety of techniques and fishes, but they sort theirs by type of main protein:

http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/RecipesView?forwardto=RecipesView&Ne=29&langId=-1&Ntk=RecipeSearch&storeId=10052&identifier=CATEGORY_522&catalogId=10002&N=78+4294967216&Ns=P_Recipe_Search_Rank|0||P_Name|0

You can also try fish "en papillote" also called "pouch cooking":

http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/2012/07/fish-en-papillote-fish-in-parchment-paper/

oneplustwo
02-28-2013, 03:16 PM
One of my favorite easy fish dinners is baked salmon on a bed of spinach. I grease the bottom of a 9x13 Pyrex dish with a little olive oil, fill it with spinach leaves (bagged baby spinach is a quick option), put a filet of salmon (usually about 1 to 1 1/2 lbs) on top, drizzle more olive oil and some seasonings over everything, cover in foil and bake in the oven at 350 till done.

njk07
02-28-2013, 05:38 PM
One of my favorite easy fish dinners is baked salmon on a bed of spinach. I grease the bottom of a 9x13 Pyrex dish with a little olive oil, fill it with spinach leaves (bagged baby spinach is a quick option), put a filet of salmon (usually about 1 to 1 1/2 lbs) on top, drizzle more olive oil and some seasonings over everything, cover in foil and bake in the oven at 350 till done.

I like this idea but my husband unfortunately does not like salmon. What other fish would be good wih this? Thanks.

njk07
02-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Wegman's has a new one every week, done using a variety of techniques and fishes, but they sort theirs by type of main protein:

http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/RecipesView?forwardto=RecipesView&Ne=29&langId=-1&Ntk=RecipeSearch&storeId=10052&identifier=CATEGORY_522&catalogId=10002&N=78+4294967216&Ns=P_Recipe_Search_Rank|0||P_Name|0

You can also try fish "en papillote" also called "pouch cooking":

http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/2012/07/fish-en-papillote-fish-in-parchment-paper/

I like trader joes papillote. Maybe I will try this one day. Thank you!

oneplustwo
02-28-2013, 08:10 PM
I like this idea but my husband unfortunately does not like salmon. What other fish would be good wih this? Thanks.

I've done haddock and cod this way as well.

njk07
02-28-2013, 10:44 PM
I've done haddock and cod this way as well.

Great! Thank you very much!

BunnyBee
03-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Fish tacos with lime cilantro sauce are one of my family's favorites. We use TJs breaded cod pieces to make it a really easy meal. I bake the fish per the package, and at the halfway mark, throw some corn tortillas wrapped in foil in the oven too. In the blender, combine 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup mayo, 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, and the juice of 1 or 2 limes. You can add garlic and onion powder and salt and pepper to taste (or ~1 tsp ranch dressing mix if you have that). Use bagged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage or even broccoli slaw) to top the tacos. My husband and I add a Mexican hot sauce like Cholula to ours. The sauce is good with sautéed shrimp tacos too. :)

njk07
03-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Fish tacos with lime cilantro sauce are one of my family's favorites. We use TJs breaded cod pieces to make it a really easy meal. I bake the fish per the package, and at the halfway mark, throw some corn tortillas wrapped in foil in the oven too. In the blender, combine 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup mayo, 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, and the juice of 1 or 2 limes. You can add garlic and onion powder and salt and pepper to taste (or ~1 tsp ranch dressing mix if you have that). Use bagged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage or even broccoli slaw) to top the tacos. My husband and I add a Mexican hot sauce like Cholula to ours. The sauce is good with sautéed shrimp tacos too. :)

This sounds yummy! Thanks.