PDA

View Full Version : Healthy cracker recs

trcy
03-03-2013, 01:27 PM
DD loves crackers like Club & Ritz, but the ingredients are less than great IMO. Any recs for similar crackers that are healthier...and don't cost a fortune. TIA!

larig
03-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Ds loves ritz too. I compromised by buying the whole wheat version. It may only be marginally better for him, but I have to take baby steps with him because of other issues.

SnuggleBuggles
03-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Do you have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods? You could at least baby step to same kind if crackers, better ingredients. Both have versions of those crackers. Of you could order Back to Nature from Amazon (probably at mainstream stores too if they have a natural section).

okinawama
03-03-2013, 03:27 PM
we really like Triscuits here. There are 4 ingredients in them ( whole wheat, soybean oil, salt, mono and diglycerides ) and my kids like them (however, they don't melt in your mouth like Ritz, so we did start them later).

acmom
03-03-2013, 03:47 PM
we really like Triscuits here. There are 4 ingredients in them ( whole wheat, soybean oil, salt, mono and diglycerides ) and my kids like them (however, they don't melt in your mouth like Ritz, so we did start them later).

:yeahthat: DD has always liked triscuits but it took a little while for DS (he liked the WW ritz better). He now likes them, especially the thin triangle kind and the minis.

ETA: When I had gestational diabetes, the nutritionist recommended triscuits as one of her favorite picks for a healthy cracker bc of the fiber.

trcy
03-03-2013, 05:14 PM
No TJ or WF near us :(
I will look for Back to Nature next time we go to the store, DH would never go for ordering crackers online. His opinion is the Club/Ritz are fine.
Are Triscuits safe for a 2 yr old as far as choking? I personally love them but have been nervous about giving them to DD.

hillview
03-03-2013, 05:37 PM

We do WF version of triscuits here -- ww, salt and oil i think

Momit
03-03-2013, 05:43 PM
We like ones called Finn Crisps. They are long and skinny so more like a flatbread shape. We break them in pieces and use with cheese, dips, spreads or whatever. I get them at the grocery store.

acmom
03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Are Triscuits safe for a 2 yr old as far as choking? I personally love them but have been nervous about giving them to DD.

My kids have been eating them since around 2 ( or a little before I think 0) with no issues. The triangle thin ones are not as hard and dissolve a lot faster so you could try them first.

MommyAllison
03-03-2013, 07:13 PM
We love Back To Nature crackers! DH can't have conventional soy so Triscuits are out for us.

daisymommy
03-03-2013, 07:47 PM
See if you can find the Late July brand crackers. They are an organic version of Ritz and so yummy!

Sent from my iPad