PDA

View Full Version : Can I wear this dress...

Twoboos
03-04-2013, 09:41 AM
to DD2's First Communion (probably with a cardi) and a June evening wedding (ceremony outdoors)? It's silk so the fabric is light.

Boden Nancy Dress in Dark Ink Fabulous Spot
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH411/Womens-Nancy-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

Not sure of shoes yet but I have a pair of black patent open toed sling back pumps - would those work?

elbenn
03-04-2013, 10:04 AM
I think that dress would be appropriate for both occasions. Pretty dress!

wellyes
03-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Absolutely. Lovely!

shelleychina
03-04-2013, 11:06 AM
I have this dress and absolutely love it! Since it is still winter I have been wearing it with tights, dress boots and a cardi. In the spring/summer I'd wear it with pumps. It is so comfortable you won't regret it!!

TwinFoxes
03-04-2013, 11:13 AM
I think it's very pretty, the print is eye catching. I think it works for both occasions. :)

Twoboos
03-04-2013, 11:17 AM
I like yes votes! ;) I was worried b/c it's from Boden's winter line, so I wasn't sure if it was too wintery for spring/early summer occasions.

ett
03-04-2013, 11:40 AM
It looks great for both occasions!

Mom Magic
03-04-2013, 03:17 PM
I have this dress too! I'm planning to wear it this spring/summer with an ivory silk blazer over it. So, I think it will be perfect for each of those occasions. You could dress it up for the wedding with sparkly sandals and maybe do nude shoes or sandals for the communion.

SnuggleBuggles
03-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Super pretty. :) Yes, wear away.

Mommy_Mea
03-04-2013, 03:20 PM
I love the dress, and I think it will work great! And now I am pondering the red one for my brothers wedding in may :-)

Twoboos
03-04-2013, 03:27 PM
I love the dress, and I think it will work great! And now I am pondering the red one for my brothers wedding in may :-)

Love to be an enabler! ;) Just be aware of two things: a few of the reviews say the red is more pink, and it has very thin shoulder pads. You'd never look at it and think, "here comes 1986" but they are there.

Mommy_Mea
03-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Love to be an enabler! ;) Just be aware of two things: a few of the reviews say the red is more pink, and it has very thin shoulder pads. You'd never look at it and think, "here comes 1986" but they are there.

I was going to ask about the shoulder pads. I have wide shoulders, so I want sure if it would add good structure or make me look like a lineman :-)

Twoboos
03-04-2013, 03:41 PM
I was going to ask about the shoulder pads. I have wide shoulders, so I want sure if it would add good structure or make me look like a lineman :-)

I don't think so. They are really thin, honestly I can't figure why they are there at all. I'll try it on again and make sure they're not screaming NFL. ;)