PDA

View Full Version : For fun: What keeps you up at night?

stinkyfeet
03-04-2013, 08:47 PM
At 35 weeks, killer heartburn, leg spasms, and the constant need to pee keep me up at night. How about you?

hillview
03-04-2013, 09:10 PM
OOPS sorry missed what forum this was!!

HUGS, sleeping while pg was major hard.

georgiegirl
03-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Only 16 week here. Mostly my kids. My 3.5 year old doesn't sleep through the night regularly. I have 24 more weeks to fix that problem. And I also have to pee frequently.

BigDog
03-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Only 16 week here. Mostly my kids. My 3.5 year old doesn't sleep through the night regularly. I have 24 more weeks to fix that problem. And I also have to pee frequently.

Ditto that! About 30 weeks here (although, not definite, I lost count and no motivation to recalculate, LOL!). My 2.5 yr old and 5 yr old are sleeping disasters right now and I'm running out of time to fix the problem! That mixed with the constant peeing makes me a grumpy, miserable mommy in the mornings!!

scrooks
03-04-2013, 09:38 PM
I am just 20 weeks tomorrow. Peeing and trying to get comfortable on my side and then on my other side.... Then back to the first side.

ncat
03-04-2013, 11:46 PM
Heartburn and trying to stay comfortable. I know it will only get worse as I get closer.

That said, I had such bad insomnia issues the last time around that heartburn seems not so bad! (Essentially, I couldn't stop thinking and worrying about dysfunction at work so I could stay asleep. I was in bad shape.)

georgiegirl
03-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Ditto that! About 30 weeks here (although, not definite, I lost count and no motivation to recalculate, LOL!). My 2.5 yr old and 5 yr old are sleeping disasters right now and I'm running out of time to fix the problem! That mixed with the constant peeing makes me a grumpy, miserable mommy in the mornings!!

I started a sticker chart 3 nights ago for my kids. The almost 7 year old sleeps through the night but she wants me to sit with her when she falls asleep. Before baby comes I want both falling asleep in their own and sleeping through the night (in the same room.). And I'd like DS to crawl into bed with Dd and not me if he wakes at night.

If it makes you feel any better dd didn't regularly sleep through the night until DS was born (she was 3 yrs 4 mo.).

todzwife
03-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Just having to pee...every 2 hours while asleep, 15 minutes when I'm awake...I need new (softer TP!)

Snow mom
03-05-2013, 02:32 AM
General insomnia, inability to feel comfortable in any position, basically being a beached whale (it's seriously difficult to get up from lying down!) Oh, and I'm constantly thirsty at night, no matter how many cups of water I drink. And that leads to having to get up to pee (which is, again, nearly impossible).

I think I'm at one week max to go but will see what my OB says on Wednesday.

stinkyfeet
03-05-2013, 08:23 AM
General insomnia, inability to feel comfortable in any position, basically being a beached whale (it's seriously difficult to get up from lying down!) Oh, and I'm constantly thirsty at night, no matter how many cups of water I drink. And that leads to having to get up to pee (which is, again, nearly impossible).

I think I'm at one week max to go but will see what my OB says on Wednesday.

I hear you about feeling like a beached whale and struggling to get out of bed! That's awesome that you are so close to your due date! Good Luck!!!

jennilynn
03-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Some nights, my busy brain thinking about all the things I need to do to get ready for baby. And baby kicking. I'm 25 weeks but she's a little monkey

kmkaull
03-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Ugh, sleep! I am almost 24 weeks and just starting to get uncomfortable at. I get up 3-5 times to pee and then have trouble getting back to sleep because my husband snores. This week I have progressed from heartburn to acid reflux. Nothing more fun than waking with vomit in your mouth! Gross.

spannaz
03-06-2013, 10:31 AM
16 weeks here, and the nights are so bad! Both hips get sore, so tossing and turning all night. And when I switch sides my lower back kills/ throbs, which wakes me up. Then I can't fall back asleep. Surprisingly not peeing as much as I did in the first trimester, but I'm also trying not to drink too much in the hour before bed. I'm sure that will change though as soon as baby takes up more room in my belly.

Oh how I miss sleep. I end up exhausted all day :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustenFan
03-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Last night? Heartburn, regurgitation, getting up to throw up, bad taste in my mouth after throwing up despite washing my mouth out, contractions, thinking of reasons to convince DH of my choice of girl name (we're being surprised), general insomnia, sore lower back. 39 weeks, and these last two weeks (I'm always late) are going to be killer...

sarahsthreads
03-08-2013, 12:00 PM
At week 15? My 4.5 year old. She climbs into bed with me every single night sometime in the wee hours. I don't have the heart to kick her out, though, knowing how temporary this nightly cuddling phase is!

Sarah :)