PDA

View Full Version : Free tall Caramel Macchiato at Starbucks!

Choccie
03-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Promo code: 350
Promotion runs through March 31st, 2013

Here's the full info over at SlickDeals:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5889570-Free-Hazelnut-Macchiato-at-Starbucks

I went to Starbucks yesterday, asked if they were offering the "Macchiato promotion" and they said yes - I didn't need a flyer. Ordered a tall skinny ice caramel macchiato and they rang it up for free :-) Was able to do the same again today so looks like it's a pretty wide open promotion.

Enjoy!!

ckso
03-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Thanks!!!

kissmekate
03-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Is this for just the hazelnut macchiato?

Choccie
03-06-2013, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=kissmekate;3743980]Is this for just the hazelnut macchiato?[/QUOTE

Works for the Hazelnut OR Caramel macchiato :-)
They are promoting the new Hazelnut but offering the caramel as an option for some reason.

JustMe
03-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Hmmn, so which do you think is better--caramel or hazelnut and why?

GonnaBJulymom
03-07-2013, 01:33 AM
I just went today without knowing about the deal and ordered a tall hazelnut macchiato but didn't get it for free??? :(

Mommy2Abby
03-07-2013, 10:20 AM
I just went today without knowing about the deal and ordered a tall hazelnut macchiato but didn't get it for free??? :(

I think you have to ask for it and mention the code so the barista rings it in with that code.

jennilynn
03-07-2013, 01:06 PM
My Starbucks knew nothing about this today and said it might be limited to certain areas? I'll have to try another store.

joules
03-07-2013, 01:55 PM
I got one yesterday. I had to ask for it and mention the free deal. The barista eventually gave it to me for free. He said they hand out the free flyers in the mornings or randomly throughout the day.

Daphnecita
03-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks OP! The girl at the register didn't know anything about it but she entered the code and it worked :)

I decided to try the hazelnut and I like it better than the caramel. The caramel is a bit too sweet for me.

JustMe
03-07-2013, 08:59 PM
I tried this today while shopping at a starbucks that is located inside a grocery store. The woman at the counter told me that the way it worked is if I buy one today (that I pay for), they give me the coupon for the free one. I wanted to tell her my BBB friends told me I could get the free ones today, but I knew that wouldn't get me far and guessed that this particular starbucks store was doing it this way.

I figured it was a good enough deal to go ahead with, so I bought one and got the coupon for another time. I got an iced skinny hazelnut and liked it a lot.

mmommy
03-07-2013, 10:08 PM
I got one today. Asked the woman ringing me up and she said there wasn't a deal, but the barrista overheard and said, "yeah use code ___" and it worked. The cashier went on a tirade about how horrible the communication within the company is that they wouldn't have bothered to tell her about it...It was funny and delicious.

mikala
03-07-2013, 10:20 PM
I tried at a Target Starbucks today and the employee didn't know what I was talking about.

emily_gracesmama
03-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Just got a free one at drive thru. Thy asked for the coupon but I said I saw online you didn't need one and they gave it to me for free. Hubby drank most he got caramel it was good!

chozen
03-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Went to target Starbucks they had no idea what I was talking about but believed me and gave me a free hazelnut.

DrSally
03-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Mne told me the deal was over and then asked for a coupon 2x. I gave them the code and they accepted it. The carmel iced latte was good.

poppy
03-08-2013, 06:33 PM
It worked here but they had no idea what I was talking about.
They put in the code but was shocked. But it made it come to zero.

Wonder why some Starbucks employees have no idea?
This is a nation-wide deal, right?

Choccie
03-08-2013, 06:57 PM
I know - it's like the code is a big secret, but also not! I've been successful in every Starbucks this week - all different stores (not calculated that way, just worked out I was running around town this week). I did not have a flyer at any time. In every store I would just ask the cashier "are you offering the macchiato promotion" - and they would either just give it to me with a smile, or say you need a flyer but give it to me anyway. I don't feel bad asking since I spend $30 a week there normally - so I think I *deserve* a few free drinks now and then - especially Macchiato - has to be one of their lowest cost drinks, nothing to it!

kboyle
03-08-2013, 07:37 PM
i got one at the target Starbucks today (w/o a voucher) and she even gave me a couple extra vouchers to use again :)

FedBaby
03-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Went through the drive-through this morning (noon) when starting my errands and got the hazelnut. They asked me over the loudspeaker thing if I had a paper, and I simply said I had the code and that I had it from an email, and she said that's fine -- tell the woman when you get your drink.

At the end of my errands I decided to try the caramel one. (Hurray for drive-throughs!) Same store. Different people 'cause it was much later. At the drive-through I ordered the "free tall caramel macchiato." I think i didn't even mention the code or anything and simply told the guy at the window. I think he asked me for the coupon and I said I didn't have it but the code is 350. Or maybe I didn't even give him a chance to ask me for the coupon and I simply told him I had the free tall macchiato and the code is 350.

Fun day! THat might also explain why I'm still up at almost midnight...

wifecat
03-09-2013, 01:22 AM
I tried it in store today and she told me, "Ummm, yeah but you have to have a coupon and we're out." I didn't press the issue. No coffee for me.

FedBaby
03-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Went through the drive-through again today. Ordered "a free tall hazelnut macchiato." When I got to the pick up window I told her I had the "free hazelnut macchiato and the code is 350." She asked if I had the coupon and I said I didn't have it with me, I only had the code. She told me she needs the coupon but she'll give it to me anyway this time. But next time I need to have the coupon with me.

Not sure if they've all gotten "smart" or if it's just my store.

Momit
03-14-2013, 10:05 AM
DH and I each got one yesterday when we had a little coffee "date" while DS was at My Gym. I had the PDF from Slickdeals on my phone but she didn't even ask to see it. She just had to ring them up separately.

nabigus
03-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Where I am (NYC) I've just had to show the coupon on my phone. So I've got it bookmarked. :)

poppy
03-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Is this still working? My friend couldn't get it. They said it was a scam.

Is this a legit offer? I got it last week.

Choccie
03-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Where I am (NYC) I've just had to show the coupon on my phone. So I've got it bookmarked. :)

I've just been doing the same... have had no problems at all! Last 2 trips to Starbucks I've started to find the picture of the flyer on my phone and the cashier has said "don't worry, I already know the code". I'm loving this month of free macchiato - I'm so productive!!!

babyzolo
03-15-2013, 10:05 PM
I have used the code twice, telling the cashier i had the coupon at home. It worked. Pretty cool deal!!!!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2