PDA

View Full Version : Who the he!!...

Twoboos
03-06-2013, 05:40 PM
loses the key to the safe deposit box? That they insisted on getting to keep valuables safe?

Oh me. That's who. It must be somewhere really, really safe. UGH!!

And of course all I can think of is that it's stolen. Whenever I can't find something, it's stolen.

DH still has one, but we're going to have to pay for the other. (Of course we had a "discussion" about where to put them. He wanted to put them both together in the not-bolted-to-the-ground safe. I said that was stupid. Guess who still has theirs?)

AAAARRRRGGGHHH! :banghead: We just got the box 2mos ago. How can I forget so quickly?!?!?

SnuggleBuggles
03-06-2013, 05:55 PM
That's ok. I had to pay to have my firebox safe broken into when I lost the keys (they were somewhere "safe"). I have started making a list of "safe" places when I put random things away.

Twoboos
03-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Found it!!! :cheerleader1:

I finally remembered thinking, "No one would look for it here!" when I put it away. Yah, not even me.

o_mom
03-06-2013, 06:15 PM
I have started putting notes in my phone for things like that... I have the combination to the lock at the gym in there, for example.

LizLemon
03-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Glad you found it! Whenever I can't find something it "must have gotten thrown away" which almost never is the case.

SnuggleBuggles
03-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Glad you found it! Whenever I can't find something it "must have gotten thrown away" which almost never is the case.

Reminds me of our recent trip. Packing up in the hotel, I decided to empty my purse of all the receipts and crap. I held the parking ticket to the long term lot where our car was back home and thought it was something else and tossed it. Holy schmoly. I remembered when we were on the plane home. Frantically called the airport during the layover to figure that one out. They said it happens 20 times a day, no biggie. And it wasn't! Phew!

Sorry for the tangent. I am such a saver that I couldn't believe I casually tossed that!

belovedgandp
03-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Glad you found it.

I actually lost our safe deposit key also. I had it to visit the box and am convinced I dropped it somewhere in the back and forth when I put some papers in it two years ago.

I haven't bothered to replace it since I'm the only one who goes and only twice a year (maybe).

I kicked myself for that one for a while. I NEVER lose things. I am freakishly organized and it drove me batty.

Multimama
03-06-2013, 09:44 PM
And of course all I can think of is that it's stolen. Whenever I can't find something, it's stolen.

Since you've found it I hope it's okay for me to laugh about this now. I am like this too. It makes DH crazy. I lose my hat. Him: "It must be somewhere." Me: "Or maybe someone walked into the house and stole it." :rotflmao:

okinawama
03-06-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm so glad you found it! This is totally something I would do and would kick myself over and over for it.

JustMe
03-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Glad you found it! I have been very guilty of putting things where no one would find them only to not be able to find them myself.

lovebebes
03-07-2013, 01:37 AM
I tape such things to the inside of my dresser drawer! Like the stupid stupid stupid TINY restoration hardware special screwdriver thats needed to undo the rod so i can remove my drapes for cleaning. That miniscule thing is taped to my dresser on the inside because I go insane thinking i could lose it one day and goodness forbid have to deal with RH customer service (the most incompetent on the planet i am convinced).

janine
03-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Glad you found it!! And I love that you had a BP about yourself, hehe.

twowhat?
03-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Glad you found it!!! We have a safe deposit box at the bank and I have NO IDEA if there is a key for it...if DH showed it to me, I do not remember :bag.

Globetrotter
03-07-2013, 12:39 PM
I do stuff like that. In fact, I did the very same thing so now I put cryptic notes in my organizer. problem is I have to remember what they mean!! So glad you found it.

ellies mom
03-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Yeah. I did something similar recently (although not as critical). I bought some fabric awhile back to make myself a dress. But I needed to make some modifications to the pattern and never finished them. Somehow the fabric got separated. The main floral fabric ended up in the tote where I store the fabric meant for things I want to make for me and the solid accent fabric fell behind something in the closet. Well, a couple of weeks ago, I was clearing out that closet and organizing/destashing my sewing/craft stuff. Toward the end, I came across the fabric, noted that it was pretty cool but most likely stuck it in the bag going to Goodwill because I couldn't remember why I bought it. And then Sunday, I was going through some of my fabric, came across the "main fabric", wondered what I did with the accent fabric and all of a sudden it hit me that I probably donated it. Arghh!!! It was the perfect solid to go with the floral print. I can't believe it. Secretly, I hope to come across it but most likely it is gone. Sigh..

Twoboos
03-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the commiseration! Especially about "stolen" items. Seriously, if my most recent favorite pen goes missing, it's been stolen, LOL.

I need to get with the cryptic notes in my phone. I have a cryptic list of passwords I keep, I guess I need to do the same for this stuff.