PDA

View Full Version : Whole Foods: Ridiculous deal on LUNA bars!!

Choccie
03-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Another SD post:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5771004-LUNA-Bar-Protein-Bar-Fiber-Bar-2-for-0-50-at-Whole-Foods-Tax

I've been meaning to post this here - was able to test it out this weekend and worked great. If you eat quite a lot of these, the case price gives you an even better deal with an extra 10% off.

I printed out 6 Luna bar coupons off the Whole Foods link ($1.50 off 2 bars) and picked up 1 case of Luna Protein bars at Whole Foods. Cashier was happy to ring up all 6 coupons so the math is something like this:
12 bars x 99c = $11.88
less $1.18 (10% case discount) = $10.70
less 6 x $1.50 coupons ($9) = $1.70 per case!!! (plus tax if applicable)

Promotion runs through the end of March. You must give them enough copies of the coupon to cover the case (ie, you can't give them 1 coupon and ask the cashier to ring it in 6 times - you have to print and hand over 6 copies of the coupon).

justlearning
03-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Wow! I LOVE Lara bars and usually buy them at Costco, but they have limited flavors in their box and they're still 77 cents a bar. This is a fantastic deal--I'm going to run to Whole Foods tomorrow. Thanks!

ETA--OK, I just went to that link now to print the coupon and there's no Lara bar coupon anymore. There's one for Kit's organic fruit and nut bars but not for Lara bars. I wonder if this deal is dead now?

sarrahanne
03-06-2013, 10:14 PM
In the slick deals thread, they posted a pdf of the Lara bar coupon

Amy G
03-06-2013, 11:18 PM
When you buy a case, can you mix and match flavors?

AuGoldie
03-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Thanks! I'm going to check it out tomorrow. This is for LUNA bars not Lara bars.... =) The pdf is in the slickdeals post in the wiki or first post.

justlearning
03-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Thanks! I'm going to check it out tomorrow. This is for LUNA bars not Lara bars.... =) The pdf is in the slickdeals post in the wiki or first post.

I'm obviously not very observant tonight. I love Lara bars but will eat Luna bars for that price. :)

Chag78
03-07-2013, 11:12 AM
When is this deal good till?

MaddiesMommy
03-07-2013, 12:47 PM
When is this deal good till?

The coupon expires on 3/31.

Thank you OP for sharing. This is an awesome deal. I've printed out a bunch. My favorite Luna bar is the chocolate peppermint stick. Yummm!!!

Madelyn
03-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Somehow I only printed 1 coupon and got 6 bars so only got $1.50 taken off. Don't know why I failed to print the others! The lines were incredibly long at lunchtime so I just took my purchases and left. It was my mistake.

DrSally
03-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Got a box of peanut pretzle ones today. They didn't have e protein ones, which I would've liked to have tried. My boxes came w/ 15, so I presented 7 coupons. Total under $3.

left210
03-08-2013, 11:37 AM
What flavors do you guys recommend?

FedBaby
03-08-2013, 11:50 AM
:yeahthat:

MMMommy
03-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Thanks OP! I printed out 6 coupons and bought a case of lemon zest Luna bars. But my local WF had cases of 15 bars each. I should have printed out an extra coupon and used 7 coupons instead of 6. A good deal either way. $14.79 for the case and $9 off. $5.79 for 15 bars. Yay!

Momit
03-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Have only tried these a couple of times but figure they are good to have on hand. Also looking for flavor advice - if I buy a whole case I want to make sure I pick a good flavor!:)

kdeunc
03-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Have only tried these a couple of times but figure they are good to have on hand. Also looking for flavor advice - if I buy a whole case I want to make sure I pick a good flavor!:)

I am jealous. I am no where near a whole foods. I really like the White Chocolate Macademia ones. :)

sarrahanne
03-08-2013, 06:09 PM

I tried the Chocolate Covered Coconut and that was fine. However, the Luna Protein Mint Chocolate Chip was waaay too sweet. I ended up throwing half of it away. Of course, people have different tastes...

Choccie
03-08-2013, 06:16 PM
I've not tried many flavors because I pretty much just want the high protein bar - love the Chocolate Peanut Butter , also love the Cookie Dough (doesn't taste like cookie dough to me, but like it all the same!)

Other to that, I've only had the Chocolate Dipped Coconut - love it, but not as much as the high protein Luna. They are completely different types of bars so it's really a preference thing. This version is more the rice-crispy type of bar while the protein bars are more like a nougat-kind of texture (to me they are pretty much like a chocolate bar, just better stats!)

I also have the MOJO coupon for Cliff Bars - I can probably scan and post a PDF if there is any interest. I've been loving the Sweet & Salty Trail Mix bars in Chocolate Almond Coconut (yum) and White Chocolate Macadamia. The coupon is 50c off each bar - so that makes them about half price. I've bought a few cases this week $11.99 case, less 10%, less 12 x 50c coupons = around $5.00 for a box of 12.

ETA: Some of the bars are kind of sweet (which is fine with me!) - but one thing I've been doing to help my snacking is to cut a protein bar up into 8-10 smaller pieces and just nibble on those throughout the afternoon at my desk. Keeps me occupied and stops me from reaching for other things!

Momit
03-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Success! Bought a case (I made my own and mixed flavors - lemon zest, peanut honey pretzel, cranberry nut and chocolate peppermint I think). Got case discount and only had to present one coupon - of course I printed like 10 of them, guess I'll go back for more of the ones we like. Now, to see if DH will eat them without noticing the "for women" thing.