PDA

View Full Version : Wood filing cabinet

acmom
03-07-2013, 03:16 PM
We are looking for a wood filing cabinet for our office. We currently have a 2 drawer broken one as well as one small file drawer in the little table that holds our printer. I would love to get something that would hold the files from both so I could use the drawer under the printer to store paper, labels, printer manual etc., and get rid of the broken one.

Our office is right off our entry way with French doors, a couch and mostly cherry and dark wood furniture. We are looking for something that would be functional but also look fairly nice. Anyone have one to recommend or have ideas of good places to look?

crl
03-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Try an unfinished wood furniture store. That's where we got ours. They finished it in our choice of colors for a small extra charge.

Catherine

pastrygirl
03-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Oooh, I need one, too. We have a cheapo one that broke more than a year ago -- the front drawer face broke right off. We still use it, exposed, with contents falling out all the time. Drives me nuts!

sariana
03-07-2013, 03:41 PM
We have some Winners Only that has worked pretty well for us. It's not the best quality, but it is attractive (IMO) and decently styled. It has been sturdy for us, but we did have some trouble with the finish under our computers. We need mats, but most furniture probably does under a hot computer.

I think if you go to the Winners Only web site, you can search for a local dealer. Most likely said dealer also will carry other office furniture brands.

Our WO is called Americana, and it has a cherry finish. They have at least one other cherry line, with a different style. I think it's called Country Cherry.