PDA

View Full Version : $15 for Lands End Backpack - Deal?

a2mom
03-07-2013, 08:37 PM
My oldest DD starts kindergarten this fall and I've been eyeing Lands End backpacks for her. They have some for $15 or $20 now - is that a great deal or will there be comparable deals on the new backpacks in July/August? I'm not crazy about the patterns left now so I'm wondering how good the fall deals typically are... Any thoughts?

Mommy_Mea
03-08-2013, 09:23 AM
I feel like there are always deals for backpacks at LE, and if you wait for a 30% code, they get even better. But I am not sure if I have looked during the "back to school" season. If you don't like the patterns though, it might be worth it to wait until then. Even if the backpacks are full price, if you have a 30% off code, it might bring it back to the ~$20 range.

daisyd
03-08-2013, 09:48 AM
I've seen them for $10 or less during a sale.

NCGrandma
03-08-2013, 11:20 AM
IME, backpack deals are often harder to find during back to school (at least I had to pay -- gasp! -- full price a couple of years ago). Obviously don't buy a style you don't like just because it's on sale now, but there will probably be several more sales before BTS. DGD1's backpack and lunchbox for next year are already in my closet, thanks to a really good deal before Christmas.

Jelliebean
03-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Definitely get a backpack you like. I got in on that Boden deal ($15) and put it away for DS when he starts K in Sept. it's a well made bag and definitely worth what I paid!

ETA, I remember a PBKids deal around school time too and it was pretty good for quality bags. I can't remember what month that was though.

Kindra178
03-08-2013, 11:21 PM
The past two years towards the end of July there has been a 25% or 30% off code which brings the medium Classmate down to around $28-$30. PBkids has a sale on certain ones in September. Your dc might want to help pick out the kindergarten backpack though.

etaylor75
03-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Garnet Hill usually has good sales too. DS1 is going on 3 years with a backpack/ lunchbag from Garnet Hill! Very well made!

Erin