PDA

View Full Version : mojo/pt for my brother

lmh2402
03-07-2013, 09:02 PM
my "little" brother (yes, he just turned 30 and he's 6',4.5") is headed to VA in a van later tonight with other members of his muay thai gym.

he's fighting on sat and my stomach is in crazy knots over it

i get that he loves this "sport" but i abhor it

he doesn't do many fights a year. he typically derives enough satisfaction from training. but every once in a while he just "has" to fight.

he swears this will be his last. but everything about it - the prep, the CRAZY weight purging (i just talked to him and he's been swishing water and spitting it out for the last two hours b/c he still has to lose 5 lbs before weigh-in tomorrow morning, so he's crazy thirsty and hungry), and of course the actual fighting itself.

he destroyed his knee last year. he's had more concussions than i can count. i took him to the hospital once, and he's been transported by ambulance two other times.

and now he's going to be in VA. yes, i know his gym guys are like brothers to him. but my parents don't even know he's fighting. my siblings and i are not anywhere near where he's going. and i'm just praying nothing bad happens.

please say a little prayer or send up a little good thought or something.

please let him be unharmed and let this be THE LAST TIME!!!

Tea4two
03-07-2013, 09:33 PM
I would be worried sick if my brother was into that. P&PT coming his way.

crl
03-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Oh dear. I would be worried too. I hope he stays healthy!

Catherine

jgenie
03-07-2013, 10:28 PM
P & PT for you brother. :hug: