PDA

View Full Version : Agency A, please talk to Agency B

JustMe
03-08-2013, 01:49 AM
I have posted before about the troubles I have had getting dd appropriate services in school. I have been working with Agency A for quite a while now. They have been very helpful, but it has been a slow, excruciating process.

They sent out an e-mail about a training by Agency B, which I attended. It was a good training and I later called the contact person, shared my situation, and she said she thought she could be of help. The 2 agencies have different roles, but both fall into mediation/advocacy for parents with schools. They both have different strengths.

When I told Agency A, she suggested that only one of them be at the next meeting. Why, I ask, the school district has many people and you both serve different roles. So she agrees. To make a long story short, though, Agency A seems to be dragging her heels on talking to Agency B. I think she is uncomfortable with it for some reason, but don't know why. She said instead of her talking directly with them, I should go ahead and have my meeting with them and tell her what they say--she says its b/c she won't have time to talk to them before that anyway. I say okay. However, I'm worried and don't want them to have completely different ideas of what should happen in the meeting. I think Agency B brings some other strengths to the table, but OTOH they are a new agency (just got this contract) so I don't know....

Can we please just all collaborate? A novel concept, I know!