PDA

View Full Version : Need washing machine recommendation

ncat
03-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Our 12-year old basic Kenmore front-loader broke this week, and does not appear to be worth fixing (the 'shell' shattered - it is a $200 part that DH does not think he could install). We need a new one ASAP! Any recommendations for a lower-end high-efficiency washing machine? We will likely be washing cloth diapers again this summer.

ncat
03-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Any thoughts on top-loading high efficiency washers vs. front loaders? I do not remember seeing these when we bought our Kenmore.

stinkyfeet
03-08-2013, 10:55 AM
I just got a maytag bravos xl about 2 weeks ago and am loving it so far! It's a top loading HE washer/dryer set. Some pp, on bbb recommended it, and it has great reviews online.

It has a BIG capacity! I can wash my king sized comforter in it easily.

HTH!

mommylamb
03-08-2013, 11:19 AM
I just got a maytag bravos xl about 2 weeks ago and am loving it so far! It's a top loading HE washer/dryer set. Some pp, on bbb recommended it, and it has great reviews online.

It has a BIG capacity! I can wash my king sized comforter in it easily.

HTH!

I got the exact same thing in January, Maytag Bravos XL. Love it so far.

georgiegirl
03-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Love my Electrolux. Is a front loader. We've had it about 2 years now.

Indianamom2
03-08-2013, 11:59 AM
I've had the Maytag Bravos for about 4 years now (man, can't believe it's been that long, go it while pregnant with Ds!). I don't have any complaints and I LOVE the capacity. I got the matching dryer too (great deal, basically b1g1 free).

AnnieW625
03-08-2013, 12:21 PM
We have an Electrolux dryer (base model, non steam) and we love it. We bought it in January, 2012. We currently have a 7/1/2 yr. old middle of the road Kenmore front loader that we have been happy with, but if we were to replace it today I think I would look at the base model non steam Electrolux washer (http://www.abt.com/product/61745/Electrolux-EIFLW50LIW.html), the basic Speed Queen top loader (http://www.amazon.com/Speed-Queen-AWN412S-Top-Load-Capacity/dp/B005AHL2FA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362759515&sr=8-2&keywords=Speed+Queen+Washer), and this GE machine (http://www.amazon.com/GE-3-9-White-Load-Washer/dp/B007RWOUSM/ref=sr_1_1?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1362759565&sr=1-1&keywords=GE+Washer) (which my parents have and have been happy with). DH likes the look of matching so we'll probably end up with another Electrolux, plus they are stackable, which is nice, but they are really deep. I was a dummy and didn't measure the depth of the space we have for our washer/dryer, and it just barely fits in our laundry space. OOPS.

belovedgandp
03-08-2013, 02:52 PM
My 16 year old dryer blew up two weeks ago. Washer had a weird condensation thing that I had been living with for two years, but this pushed me to the store.

We ended up with Samsung HE top loader and dryer. Love them so far. I originally thought I wanted front loaders, but after looking at pricing and performance I just couldn't do it. So far I love them, but way too early to decide.

I don't need features I just need them to work. The set we got was one step up from bottom of the line b/c they were in stock and on sale which made them within $20 of the bottom of the line that would have taken longer to get.