PDA

View Full Version : Favorite daily disposable contacts?

spunkybaby
03-08-2013, 01:05 PM
I stopped wearing contacts when DD1 was born--just too overwhelmed for one more thing at night and in the morning.

I tried daily soft contacts two years ago and wore them very occasionally. I think I had an Acuvue 1-day brand, but not sure which specific type.

Last week, I decided to try daily soft contacts again, and my optometrist fitted me with CibaVision Dailies AquaComfort Plus. They are okay, but I sometimes feel like when I blink, my vision is a little odd.

Do you have daily disposable contacts that you really like? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you!

Mommy_Mea
03-08-2013, 01:22 PM
I have only tried one, but I have been very happy with them - Proclear 1 Day. My husband uses them too...

brittone2
03-08-2013, 01:58 PM
I just use AcuVue2 (eta: I keep mine for 2 weeks, they aren't dailies). Those have never bothered me and are a less expensive option, so I stay with them. I've been given samples of Oasys, etc. before but never felt that they were a great improvement over my AcuVue2s. I don't have issues with dry eye, etc. so it hasn't really mattered to me.

acmom
03-08-2013, 02:21 PM
I switched to dailies a few years ago when my dr. recommended the switch bc I was having a lot of allergic eye and dry eye issues. I tried a whole bunch (proclear, a different acuvue, and maybe B&L) before I found one that felt comfortable and worked for me. I ended up with Acuvue TruEye, which I think are one of the priciest unfortunately.

I would recommend doing a few week trial bc a few felt fine for the first couple days, but after a week or two bothered me (some I could feel in my eye and some felt like they made my vision slightly blurry at times). I actually have 6 months worth of proclears that I bought but after a few weeks I couldn't wear them comfortably. :( I think it is very individual to each person so that's why I would do a trial!