PDA

View Full Version : motivational and appreciation gifts?

Sweetum
03-08-2013, 08:19 PM
I am thinking of doing - "great job"/thank you/motivational gifts for our therapists who are working with DS - they really care about him and have really been doing a great job of supporting us. I want to show my appreciation with a small token - what do you think? And what would be appropriate - I was initially thinking of movie tickets, but am now thinking that I would have to do two per person and that would be much not just from financial standpoint but from going overboard perspective. What do you think?

pinkmomagain
03-08-2013, 08:27 PM
I remember being so grateful for my dd2's therapists when she was younger. We did not give motivational gifts, but we did give very generous gifts for the Dec holiday and/or upon termination of therapy.

I think I might wait for a more formal occassion to give a store bought gift. But I'm sure it's been done before! Maybe nice potted flowers for springtime?

kristac
03-08-2013, 08:28 PM
I give random fudge or cookies to our therapists.

crl
03-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Do they have supervisors? I think the best gift would be letters to their supervisors saying how wonderful they are and giving specific examples would be the best gift. And cc them so they can see that you did it.

Catherine