PDA

View Full Version : How often do you shower/bathe?

dhano923
03-09-2013, 03:29 AM
A couple coworkers and I were discussing this today. I have excema, so I bathe every other day because my skin gets very dry when I shower every day (exception being that time of the month). One coworker who is in her early 30s said she showers every day, and the other said she showers 2-3 times a week because thats how it was when she was growing up. In the summer, she showers every day because its so hot. She's in her mid 20s. The first coworker said her sister showers twice a day, in the morning, and at night.

I assume everyone usually showers every day, but this conversation (which I don't even remember how it started) made me wonder what the norm is. I read about what's the kids shower schedules are, but what about the moms? How often do you shower in a week?

MMMommy
03-09-2013, 03:31 AM
Daily always.

MamaInMarch
03-09-2013, 04:58 AM
I am a SAHM with 2 young kids so less frequently than I like. Usually about every 2-3 days.

citymama
03-09-2013, 05:56 AM
I really like and need my daily shower - and before kids, did so without fail. The reality of being a telecommuting mom of young kids is there are days I miss showering in the morning and do so at night, or occasionally skip a whole day. I hope this stage in my life is an exception as I absolutely love the shower! My kids take a bath everyday too - skip maybe once a week if we're out late or something.

karstmama
03-09-2013, 07:26 AM
in general, i shower every other day & wash my hair twice a week. that's more of a 'being at home' schedule, though. if i'm going to work, i shower. i also pretty much wash ds every other. dbf is every day. he has to shave. he has never ever grown out any facial hair, which i find a bit odd. don't most guys go through an experimental mustache phase?

joonbug
03-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Every day... No matter what, in summer sometimes twice. I do, however, wash my hair once-twice a week only, I hate washing hair and dealing with drying it.. I need a haircut :O.

ZeeBaby
03-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Every day and in the summer time twice per day. Depending on my workout schedule if may end up being twice per day at other times as well.

hillview
03-09-2013, 09:13 AM
totally depends. I shower after I work out (I usually work out 2-4 times a week). I shower if I haven't showered for 2 days. I shower daily when I am going into the office/traveling.

Corie
03-09-2013, 09:33 AM
I shower daily.

AngB
03-09-2013, 09:39 AM
I am a SAHM with 2 young kids so less frequently than I like. Usually about every 2-3 days.

:yeahthat:

willow33
03-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Daily. I have oily skin plus I work out every day.

babyonway
03-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Daily and wash my hair 2 to 3 times a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

SnuggleBuggles
03-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Daily but occasionally every other day.

Giantbear
03-09-2013, 10:29 AM
every day, i sweat in my sleep even when it is nice and cool in the room. My wife showers 3x a week

alexsmommy
03-09-2013, 10:38 AM
One time if I don't work out. Two times if I get a work out in.

I do think the 1x a day thing is a very American thing though.

AnnieW625
03-09-2013, 10:41 AM
I usually always shower daily. Sometimes if I shower in the late afternoon I won't shower the next AM. Sometimes if I get really sweaty during my lunch workout I will quickly rinse off.

kerridean
03-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Daily. I feel completely disgusting if I miss a day. Missing a day has happened only a handful of time: camping and the like. YUCK

jammytoast
03-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Every day, and twice if I workout at Lunch. I can't go to bed without my nighttime shower!

gamma
03-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Shower and wash my hair daily.

twowhat?
03-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Every day. I know it's not necessary but I'm weird about wanting to climb into bed all clean.

DH showers TWICE a day (even in the winter) which I think is insane! And no, he doesn't work out!

lmwbasye
03-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Minimum 6 times a week after I work out. Sometimes on my rest day too but not always.

specialp
03-09-2013, 12:24 PM
During the winter, dry skin - shower every other day
Summer: daily

sidmand
03-09-2013, 12:44 PM
I shower at least once a day and wash my hair every other day. Sometimes (usually the summer) I might shower or "rinse" off one more time. Even if I shower at night, I have to shower in the morning before I get dressed. The only exceptions have been when I've been really really sick or after a surgery when I wasn't allowed (after c-section and after breast reduction).

lalasmama
03-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Depends on the day. Regular desk job day? Once. Patients goobing me up? Twice. Hoping for a little "fun"? Twice. Sick outta my mind? Likely will skip a day.

daniele_ut
03-09-2013, 01:03 PM
I shower every day with very few exceptions even though I have very dry skin.

My pediatrician told me recently that the recommendation for excema now is to soak every day and then use a really good emollient cream to seal in the moisture. It seems to be working for DS2.

TwinFoxes
03-09-2013, 01:15 PM
If I don't shower every day I feel disgusting. I do think some people are naturally smellier, and I'm one of them! If I skip a shower I'm just plain stinky. I will always shower after swimming/working out, and on those 100 degree summer days I may hop in for a quick extra rinse. DH on the other hand is the least smelly guy I've ever met. He can skip days and do hard yard work, and still not stink.

TxCat
03-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Usually every day, but if I'm exhausted or working for 24 hours, I'll skip a day here and there. Usually just wash my hair 2x/week.

elektra
03-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Don't even get me started on DH's showering. Our water bill is ridiculous. The man has even been known to shower BEFORE working out. I am "daily" but there are days here and there that get skipped. I usually feel pretty gross when I go longer than 24 hours though. I working from home could really lend itself to completely letting myself go, so I try to use the shower as a sort of sanity-inducing routine.
However, I do admit to seeing how long I can go between hair washes before I am grossed out with myself. It's usually 2-3 days on that front.

wendibird22
03-09-2013, 01:28 PM
I'd say 5 out of 7 days a week but I was my hair daily. I have a pixie cut and it has to be washed and styled daily. Some days I'm running just too late for a shower and so I just wash my hair under the tub faucet.

edurnemk
03-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Eveyday, no matter what. If for some readon I couldn't shower in the morning, I shower after putting the kids to bed. I wash my hair every other day.

When DS was a baby and I could rarely shower in the morning, I switched to showering before bed, I felt awful if I didn't shower daily or was still in my PJ's after 10 am.

teresah00
03-09-2013, 02:51 PM
SAHM to 4 kids 7 and under. Daily but don't always wash my hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie
03-09-2013, 03:23 PM

:yeahthat: I prefer to shower daily but it doesn't always happen.

Sweetum
03-09-2013, 03:24 PM
depending on the weather, sometimes twice a day. DS gets 2 showers a day although he has eczema on his face.

jk3
03-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Daily and sometimes twice if I work out.

okinawama
03-09-2013, 07:53 PM
I am a SAHM, and my DH is gone for a long term work trip, so for the most part, I only see my kids every day...so I'd say I shower 2-3 times a week. I'd never admit that to anyone in person, and if I have somewhere to go where I'll see people, I shower, but if it's just me and the kids, I just don't prioritize it. I have to admit though, since I shower less frequently, my hair has adjusted and is significantly less oily! I can usually get away with a fancy pony tail or sock bun and headband on my third day hair and get compliments.

hellokitty
03-09-2013, 08:20 PM
I have to shower at least once a day, twice if I work out and/or it's just really hot out. My hair does not do well if I do not shower everyday. I have stick straight hair, so if I don't shower, you can really tell. Even in the winter, my skin is dry, but I still icky if I don't shower at least once a day.

MamaInMarch
03-09-2013, 09:51 PM
SAHM to 4 kids 7 and under. Daily but don't always wash my hair.

You gotta share your secret. I could seriously use a daily shower for sanity.

khalloc
03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
I shower daily. Even if I am home alone with the kids I manage to get a shower in.

ArizonaGirl
03-09-2013, 11:09 PM
I must be gross I guess, because between the 2 kids and working 40 outside of the home I only shower 2 ish times a week and I will only wash my hair one of those times (I have super dry hair and it doesn't get oily until maybe day 5 or 6). I am lucky if I have time to pee alone when I am at home forget taking a whole 10 minute shower...

I don't think I stink and DH would tell me if I was offensive and he always tells me I smell fine.

:bag

ETA in those nasty AZ summer months I shower every day to every other day depending on the day's activities

army_mom
03-10-2013, 01:40 AM
I shower daily, sometimes twice if I work out at at time besides morning or if it's really hot and sticky. I have too or I feel gross. I used to be one of those people who take a quick "shower" before working out but don't anymore. (I felt like it woke me me up for a better workout). I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week since it's up in a sock bun 5 days a week. When my hair was shorter and had to be styled everyday, I washed it every other day.

Globetrotter
03-10-2013, 03:47 AM
In warm months, daily, but in cooler weather every other day.

teresah00
03-10-2013, 10:07 AM
You gotta share your secret. I could seriously use a daily shower for sanity.

DH usually works late so they will talk to him as he's getting ready to leave. The 7 and 5 yo get themselves dressed. The 2 yo either talks to DH, watches wiggles or if he's being ... Himself.. I bring him in the shower w me. Baby goes in bouncy seat or crawls on the floor.

ilfaith
03-10-2013, 01:19 PM
I usually shower daily...either first thing in the morning, or, if I am working out or playing tennis, when I get home from the gym/court. Occasionally I will exercise in the evening (or go to the beach, or swim in our pool) and shower afterward...in which case I may skip my shower the following morning. Once in a while, on a lazy weekend day, I may go without showering.

I wash my hair every other day, alternating with shaving my legs.