PDA

View Full Version : Where to get good quality Easter basket?

MSWR0319
03-09-2013, 11:52 AM
We just have the little Easter baskets that are made out of cloth and shaped like animals. I'd like to get the boys nice baskets but don't want to pay the PBK price. Any places I should look to get good quality baskets that will last us awhile? It'd be a plus if I could get nice liners for them as well.

IansMom
03-09-2013, 11:59 AM
I got DS one from Michaels and used a 40% off coupon.

Kymberley
03-09-2013, 12:01 PM
I got DS a pretty nice one from Target a few years ago. Definitely check out Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

MamaMolly
03-09-2013, 02:27 PM
At the suggestion of someone here we bought the very small LLBean canvas bags and had them personalized. Cute, functional and something they can keep long after the Easter bunny stops coming.

lmh2402
03-09-2013, 02:32 PM
got ours from etsy

LD92599
03-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Lands End also now has easter themed canvas totes.

jgenie
03-09-2013, 03:07 PM
At the suggestion of someone here we bought the very small LLBean canvas bags and had them personalized. Cute, functional and something they can keep long after the Easter bunny stops coming.

:yeahthat:

AnnieW625
03-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Ours are from Target and we have been happy with them. They are nice wood ones with a liner.

Tenasparkl
03-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Lands End also now has easter themed canvas totes.

I ordered these and they're really cute but a little small.

Seitvonzu
03-10-2013, 10:16 AM
i think all these ideas are awesome :) i do love the look/size of the pottery barn baskets, and really, if you use them throughout a whole childhoood? probably not out of line pricewise...but are they better than similar things at target or michaels? probably not *shrug* still, if you have your heart set on a particular coordinated look, to me, they'd be worth it.

when i was growing up my mother stencilled some baskets for my brother and myself (it was the 80s ;)-- stenciling was all the rage!). we had those baskets everyyear and i guess still would if we were home for easter ;) i was talking to a friend when our kids were little and she said she didn't have the same basket every year-- that her mom always made or used a new one. this was so foreign to me! my friend said it was really clever sometimes, what her mom would use. i was feeling a little sorry for her about not having a "special" basket, then realized, she didn't miss such a thing and had her own warm memories about her basket tradition. cool!

last year i used an american girl moses basket i'd been hoarding as my daughters "basket." 3 years ago, i used a doll carriage. her first easter i used a wicker basket that i use as a catchall in her bedroom. so i guess i'm sorta random :) we do have TONS of baskets...and i do mean TONS. we use them to decorate, for our egg hunt we host, etc. DH & I have simple white wooden baskets with bows-- his is blue, mine is fuschia. in recent years i've taken to growing grass in the baskets too. just a couple weeks before easter :)-- guess i need to get on that!

new_mommy25
03-10-2013, 01:37 PM
We have the LE totes and they are pretty small. To make up for it, I just shoved everything into the basket and then used a basket bag to keep it all in. The size would have been perfect when the DC were younger but I don't know if I'm going to use them again this year.

katydid1971
03-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Ours are from Target and we have been happy with them. They are nice wood ones with a liner.

I have some Target Easter baskets I picked up after Easter to store toys in DD's room two years ago. They are used daily and are still in great shape. In the last two years they have had more use than a Easter basket will have in 18 years. I've been very impressed with the quality of the target baskets.

SnuggleBuggles
03-10-2013, 02:06 PM
My mom used glass bowls.

maybeebaby08
03-10-2013, 03:21 PM
I have the Pottery Barn ones, they're nice the quality is good. I got both of mine at the PBK Outlet super cheap.

bostonsmama
03-10-2013, 03:37 PM
I got a basket last year from Target that looks just like the small sized one from PBK. I actually bought a PBK liner and it fit this wooden/wicker basket perfectly and was better quality than any of the ones from Michaels, although it was more expensive at almost $20. They sold out long before Easter, so I'd "hop" on it if you find it. ;)

There's a picture in post #7 of this thread:
http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=428342&highlight=Target+easter+basket

SASM
03-10-2013, 05:11 PM
My first thought was Longaberger but they are CRAZY $$$, unless you can find a deal on eBay. I purchased all 3 DC's baskets from Target and they've held up beautifully. DS's basket is 10yo! We only use them for Easter, although earlier on we did use them for small toy storage throughout the year.