PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree Best Deal Strategy

MommaD
03-09-2013, 01:40 PM
I hope you all can give me some advice on how to get the biggest bang for my buck at Gymboree.

My mother in law just sent me a big box of Gymboree clothes for my kids. Most every thing is from the current new line (Easter, Brand New Baby Baseball Collection, Newborn Boy Turtle and Rabbit, Baby Girl Daffodil Garden, Tea Time, Blooming Nautical). She was able to take advantage of their current sale, which is 25% off full priced items. But she didn't use a coupon--which I have--and my store will let me do a price adjustment and use my coupon, to get an additional 20% off. A great deal for me!

My question is: I know a new line is coming out on Monday, and so I am wondering if the price of the items she got me will drop to MORE than the 25% off that she got since they won't all be part of the newest lineup anymore.

In other words, should I do my price adjustment (use my coupon) this weekend, or wait until Monday when the prices may have dropped even more than the 25% off? My only worry on waiting until Monday is that price will be more than she paid, for some reason.

Any ideas/thoughts/advice? Thanks in advance for your help!

logan's mom
03-09-2013, 02:09 PM
I hope you all can give me some advice on how to get the biggest bang for my buck at Gymboree.

My mother in law just sent me a big box of Gymboree clothes for my kids. Most every thing is from the current new line (Easter, Brand New Baby Baseball Collection, Newborn Boy Turtle and Rabbit, Baby Girl Daffodil Garden, Tea Time, Blooming Nautical). She was able to take advantage of their current sale, which is 25% off full priced items. But she didn't use a coupon--which I have--and my store will let me do a price adjustment and use my coupon, to get an additional 20% off. A great deal for me!

My question is: I know a new line is coming out on Monday, and so I am wondering if the price of the items she got me will drop to MORE than the 25% off that she got since they won't all be part of the newest lineup anymore.

In other words, should I do my price adjustment (use my coupon) this weekend, or wait until Monday when the prices may have dropped even more than the 25% off? My only worry on waiting until Monday is that price will be more than she paid, for some reason.

Any ideas/thoughts/advice? Thanks in advance for your help!

I shop almost exclusive Gymbo for my boys. I have NEVER had a store let me apply a coupon to a previous purchase. I have had one "give" me a 20% off code but usually they just offer to hold the items for me. SO I think the fact that they are going to let you apply the coupon afterwards is pretty nice!
I am guessing that the 25% off full price items will end on Monday when the new lines comes out and prices of the items purchased will go back to full price until they are sale items.

Personally, I would do the price adjustment now. Pat myself on the back for saving an additional 20% and let it go. (FWIW-I have been working on not making myself crazy over a few dollars and spending tons of time trying to get the best deal!)

katydid1971
03-09-2013, 03:43 PM
My store says they will give me the 20% off with a coupon upto one week after I buy something. Did the store give you a time limit? Something to consider.

NC_FirsttimeMom
03-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Are you planning to exchange any of the items that you received or buy additional items? If so, then wait for the new line to be available on Monday, so you will have more options. Also, I've heard that there will be another sale starting on Monday.

MommaD
03-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Also, I've heard that there will be another sale starting on Monday.

This is what I am worried about--that there will be a sale on Monday where the clothes I have are discounted more than the 25% I already got.

Do you know any details about the sale on Monday?

MommaD
03-09-2013, 04:29 PM
I shop almost exclusive Gymbo for my boys. I have NEVER had a store let me apply a coupon to a previous purchase. I have had one "give" me a 20% off code but usually they just offer to hold the items for me. SO I think the fact that they are going to let you apply the coupon afterwards is pretty nice!
I am guessing that the 25% off full price items will end on Monday when the new lines comes out and prices of the items purchased will go back to full price until they are sale items.

I am basically one day out of the price adjustment period so they are letting me return everything and then re-buy it with my coupon. Slightly naughty; I guess I am lucky! The lady I talked to said I could come as late as Monday to do it.

Personally, I would do the price adjustment now. Pat myself on the back for saving an additional 20% and let it go. (FWIW-I have been working on not making myself crazy over a few dollars and spending tons of time trying to get the best deal!)

I need to work on this myself--I can drive myself nuts trying to save every dollar. But the original purchase was over $300, so even if I can save an extra 10% with a new sale on Monday, it really adds up!

Momit
03-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Well, slightly OT but I always shop Gymbo from the clearance racks or box sales and stacked with a coupon. I don't think I've ever bought from the current line - even with a 25% off sale and a coupon. So if it were me I would return everything for a store credit and buy as it hit the deeper discounts! :)

I'd be surprised if the prices on the current line went back up to full price once a new line comes out but I'm not sure. Maybe the store can tell you.

My store is also really nice about letting me re-buy with a coupon if I didn't have one with me when I bought - they just scan the receipt and I don't even need to lug the clothes back in.

ckso
03-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Is this regional?

My Gymboree will never let me use a coupon afterwards. They said its against policy and the most they can do is hold the items for 1 day. They're very nice but said its against policy. This is with the 3 gymborees that are Closeby. Oh and they said that the only way I can adjust is if i return and repurchase only if the repurchase is on the sales floor not what I brought back

Do you have another coupon? I would do the adjustment now. If it ends up being cheaper Monday, can't you bring it back to return and repurchase?

poppy
03-09-2013, 08:55 PM
The Gymboree by me let me use a coupon after a purchase but gave me only one day to bring it in. So, I'd go whichever day it expired--if not, then seems like you'd prefer to go in Monday. That seems like a good idea too.

MommaD
03-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Is this regional?

No, I think I just found a really nice salesperson.

MommaD
03-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Is this regional?
If it ends up being cheaper Monday, can't you bring it back to return and repurchase?

I guess I could, but for some reason I don't feel right doing that. I feel like she is going to be nice and let me do it once, and I don't want to push it or take advantage, lest they stop allowing it altogether.

Mom of XX&XY
03-11-2013, 12:19 AM
On facebook. Everything 30% off plus additional 20% today only WEBDEAL20